Need some advice on Central Florida Courses

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need some advice on Central Florida Courses

Postby domromer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm going to be in Tampa and Gainesville next month and was looking to get some local advice of what courses are worth playing out there.
My current courses are woods courses so I prefer tight technical courses over the 700ft drive spray and pray type courses..What would you Floridians recommend that I check out?
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Re: Need some advice on Central Florida Courses

Postby jeremy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 am

The only tight and technical within 50miles is the Suwannee Music course. It's about 50 miles north of Gainesville but all Interstate. It has been over 1 yr since I have been there, but I beleive it will be one of the top 5 courses in Florida if they keep working on it like they had been. A Must

Northside Park is in Gainesville nothing spectacular, but you might run into GG while playing if he is not touring at the moment. A fun course with variety.

Ocala Greenway just south of Gainesville about 1hr nice little drive, very fun course and there is a little challenge.

If I were in the area and wanted to play these are the ones I would hit in order Suwannee, Ocala, Northside.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Return to Courses