Hrm

Sets of drills targeted at developing a full skill sets of shots and mastery of flight characteristics. Players taking part are encouraged to post their experiences and feedback.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Drew » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 am

just found this section of the site, and it seems that this will really help me improve my game. I have played on and off for about three years with little and inconsistant improvement to my game. as i have performed at very high levels in other sports I have been very frustrated with my progress. the athlete in me told me i had to train in a serious and organized manner to get better rather than just playing alot of casual rounds. this assignments are exactly what i envisioned but lacked the knowledge to create. thanks so much for all youre hard work and dedication, and i hope with the lessons learned from this site and alot of hard work to be pushing the pros within a year or year and a half. thanks
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby Naomi » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:13 pm

Blake; I am new to this site and still a newbie at disc golf. You give lot's of great advice and I look forward to using your advice on the course! Thanks!! Naomi
Naomi
Noob

Postby black udder » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:00 pm

joining the frenzy...

I just got started digging into the site over the last few months (my recouping time), so haven't been able to start the assignments.

That's my goal from Feb up to league with the hopes it will win me the Adv division and spot me a nice little DG trophy.

Yeah, I'm one of those buggers that plays to win. It's fun, but I want some DG bling for my mantle :D
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:22 am

thanks for the comments here. i will try and get some new training assignments up in the near future.

i have an idea for one that involves building timing and body placement to increase accurate power.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Naomi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Sounds great Blake! I am still fairly new but I can tell I am only going so far with my driving due to poor placement and technique. I am ready to move to the next level. :lol: I need to improve upon this ....No women players in my area and at the very least I want the guys think I am trying to better my game... just have to start somewhere! It is all about having fun but I want to get better at the same time! :D
Naomi
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:04 pm

sounds good.

btw, not sure how far you are from raleigh, but i know a few very good players out there that do lessons as well.
Blake_T

Postby Naomi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:08 pm

I am about three hours to the west of Raleigh- but I plan on heading out that way sometime around April maybe sooner. I have every other weekend off, when I am off my schedule is totally open! Looking forward to bettering my distance throwing and of course my placement and technique! I don't even care if it is raining I will go. :)
Naomi
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:11 pm

well, if you do plan a trip out that way and want someone to give some tips, i might be able to line someone up assuming there is not a tournament going on that weekend.
Blake_T

Postby Naomi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:27 pm

No problem here; like I said every other weekend off, I am very flexible and willing to get room for the night whenever if I have to. I have to work next weekend but weekend after next I am off and all I have to do is pack my bags!
Naomi
Noob

women's league in NC

Postby black udder » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:44 pm

there is also a raleigh area women's disc golf league/club. It was organized a year or so ago and it's women only. If you touch base with them, they could let you know of any events coming up. I know they have a league night (which would probably be too far to travel for), but they might also have travel trips or women's golf days where they'll get a bunch of girls on the course. They do instruction as well by the more experienced players.

I believe they're associated with the RAD club, so if you just look for them, you should find some connections. Let me know if you have any problems or need a connection. One of the women that organized it just moved to Richmond, VA.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Naomi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Yes I am very interested in finding out more. 3 hours away is quite the drive but I am willing to do this to better my playing ability and to also find out how I compare with other females. Would not be able to do this on a regular basis but it would be great fun for me to break up the monotony of playing with men all the time! By the way they are a great bunch of guys but I need this opportunity!
Naomi
Noob

Postby all_thumbs » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Blake_T wrote:thanks for the comments here. i will try and get some new training assignments up in the near future.

i have an idea for one that involves building timing and body placement to increase accurate power.

Great news. That specific assignment will do someone like me, with nagging back injury w/sciatic nerve trouble alot of good. When my timing is off, my foot placement is too, the hip/back on plant foot side give a little, my body stops, my arm keeps going and the disc says bye-bye! I have tried to work on it but all I've been able to think of is to take it slow, and be as methodical as possible with my technique, but I'm not really getting the snap I was getting during my last period of better condition. I'll take the improved contol, but woud love to read and try someone else's ideas. I know you deal with persistant injury/pain too, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Hope your recent back injury gets better soon by the way. Take 'er easy, and do your PT!
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

More Please

Postby Chooch » Thu May 31, 2007 10:21 am

I have been looking for some direction in how to improve my game...this is perfect. I just want more...

Keep 'em coming Blake.
Chooch
Noob

Re: Hrm

Postby BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Thank you Blake. You have gone quiet on us these last few months and I think I understand why...

Just want you to know that there are those us who wish you would come back to the dialogue, even though you have spoken on all the subjects discussed. The burden any teacher bares is repeating the same lessons year after year. I hope to hear from you on here from time to time and I hope more assignments will continue to be developed and posted.

Thank you again for making this community possible. I hope one day I will be able to meet with you in person and show you just how far an non-athletic forum junkie has come.

Matt
This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship. -lovetodg-

Wizard / Roc / Comet / Banshee / Eagle / OLF
BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Eagle

Re: Hrm

Postby MiketheGoalie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I've just found the forums section of this site and I'm really excited about working these assignments. I've relied on unstructured field work and just playing rounds as much as possible (with the occasional PerfectPutt 360 session) and wanted something more structured. Thanks for this.
MiketheGoalie
Noob

Favorite Disc: Coyote

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Review Training Assignments