turning everything over....

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

turning everything over....

Postby Solty » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:39 pm

I was out New years morning playing with some people from my club. This is the first time ive been out in over a month. Since then...i've just putted in the backyard and keep reading on how to keep the nose down when i throw. With the exception of a champ wraith...and a kc pro Firebird...i was turning everything over....champ eagle, orc, and new teebird. the wraith ended up just flying really straight with heavy fade and the firebird just sailed with its normal flight path. All the discs i carry are 172-175 grams. My question(s): what am i doing wrong? yess...almost all of my drives hovered like 5-10 feet off the ground and did throw a few that we're hoving at 2-3 feet for 275 feet. if seems when i tried throwing smoother and slower....they really tended to turn over...the harder and faster i throught....the more the nose ended up going up....

thankx
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:22 pm

sounds like off-axis torque.

it is likely linked to the plane of your shoulders as they come through.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:51 pm

played another 18 today...and started off taking my time and trying to keep it more flat. with that...i was gunning bullets.......hovering 7-10 feet off the ground and everything flew pretty much like it was supposed to. I had two ppl i played with today look at my release that they said i look like im overcompesating becuase of the snowy/icy tee boxes. all in all....i feel more comforable that it wasnt a huge problem...just that the weater has me done in for a lil

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Return to Technique