top three Cali courses

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: top three Cali courses

Postby mgoofy24 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I love #1 at Stafford. The two times I've parred it at position C (par is 3, right?), I've felt like I really accomplished something. My plan for the hole most of the time - Champ Valk up to the short tee (a bit farther if I can), champ Valk towards the hole. My two pars have been with puts from 15' and 20'. Had to let my heart slow down a bit before the putts, but still a great feeling. My first par was marred by my tee shot on #2 which hit a branch, fell down, and rolled down the hill towards 18 tee.... haha. Love the course. I just found the long tee at #6 which made the car drive from SF all the better.
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Golden Gate DGC, San Francisco

Re: top three Cali courses

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:29 pm

mgoofy24 wrote:I love #1 at Stafford. The two times I've parred it at position C (par is 3, right?), I've felt like I really accomplished something. My plan for the hole most of the time - Champ Valk up to the short tee (a bit farther if I can), champ Valk towards the hole. My two pars have been with puts from 15' and 20'. Had to let my heart slow down a bit before the putts, but still a great feeling. My first par was marred by my tee shot on #2 which hit a branch, fell down, and rolled down the hill towards 18 tee.... haha. Love the course. I just found the long tee at #6 which made the car drive from SF all the better.

long 6 is pretty sick huh? i hope folks like it cuz it was a pain in the ass to carry all those materials up there, best hole in NorCal IMO
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: top three Cali courses

Postby Desafinado » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

plastic_fondler wrote:We are refocusing our spring plan for the last few pads. The goal is to cement all the additional ones (2,4,5,6,7,16,18) and then finish the longs for 3 and 18 before the Open. Open is planned for last weekend in August right now...we are going back and forth with scheduling. We recently won California parks and rec volunteers on the year. Part of this is the potential for a grant, so we are working on that now. It will involve maintenance of all the tees baskets on the existing course, plus a proposal for an additional course. Additional course is going to be a combination of the Rustic Meadows one plus an 18 hole one around area's 1 and 2. This would allow play during red flag days. The Rangers are very into this already!


This is fantastic news, Nick. I will be there for the SLO in late August for sure this year. Congrats on the volunteers of the year award, and even the possibility of adding another 18 hole course is a good thing.

I still can't believe I haven't played out at Stafford in over two years, even though I now live only 40 minutes away. As soon as these storms pass I'm going to try to make it out for the weekly doubles one weekend.

A random addition to the thread since Morley was being discussed - fairly nice video was just added to youtube today that shows off what the course is like, and happens to feature four very good locals making lots of good shots(including SD legend Micah Dorius) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itFRaEz838&fmt=18


It really is a pretty nice place to play disc golf on a summer afternoon, if only everyone else in the county didn't think so too :shock:
Desafinado
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:26 pm
Location: norcal
Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Re: top three Cali courses

Postby mgoofy24 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:03 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
mgoofy24 wrote:I love #1 at Stafford. The two times I've parred it at position C (par is 3, right?), I've felt like I really accomplished something. My plan for the hole most of the time - Champ Valk up to the short tee (a bit farther if I can), champ Valk towards the hole. My two pars have been with puts from 15' and 20'. Had to let my heart slow down a bit before the putts, but still a great feeling. My first par was marred by my tee shot on #2 which hit a branch, fell down, and rolled down the hill towards 18 tee.... haha. Love the course. I just found the long tee at #6 which made the car drive from SF all the better.

long 6 is pretty sick huh? i hope folks like it cuz it was a pain in the ass to carry all those materials up there, best hole in NorCal IMO


Long 6 is amazing! Still figuring out how to throw it. I threw a roc first time.... it kept going and hit the woods straight ahead about 3/4 of the way up the trees. Thinking of throwing some big hyzers next time i'm there =)
mgoofy24
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Golden Gate DGC, San Francisco

Re: top three Cali courses

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:44 am

mgoofy24 wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:
mgoofy24 wrote:I love #1 at Stafford. The two times I've parred it at position C (par is 3, right?), I've felt like I really accomplished something. My plan for the hole most of the time - Champ Valk up to the short tee (a bit farther if I can), champ Valk towards the hole. My two pars have been with puts from 15' and 20'. Had to let my heart slow down a bit before the putts, but still a great feeling. My first par was marred by my tee shot on #2 which hit a branch, fell down, and rolled down the hill towards 18 tee.... haha. Love the course. I just found the long tee at #6 which made the car drive from SF all the better.

long 6 is pretty sick huh? i hope folks like it cuz it was a pain in the ass to carry all those materials up there, best hole in NorCal IMO


Long 6 is amazing! Still figuring out how to throw it. I threw a roc first time.... it kept going and hit the woods straight ahead about 3/4 of the way up the trees. Thinking of throwing some big hyzers next time i'm there =)

depending on wind i throw an eagle or a pred on a wide hyzer line, nice and reliable, it can be reached with a putter but its so easy to fuck it up
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Previous

Return to Courses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest