Joplin, MO

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Joplin, MO

Postby discgolfer09 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Gonna be up that way to visit family in Webb City and was wonderin are there any coursers around that area? If so what are they like?
In my opinion...
When most people hear Heavy Metal music they think of "Satan" because thats what their brain has been trained to do...
discgolfer09
Noob

Favorite Disc: Beat 172 SS Wizard

Re: Joplin, MO

Postby dgdave » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am

McClelland Park is in Joplin and is a fun course. Hilly with a good anount of trees and 27 holes. Readysetstab from here live in JoMo. Also, 25 minutes West of there is Miami, OK course. This is where I grew up and played. I helped design that couse when it expanded to 18, but has been changed since then due to park remodeling. It has some home made baskets that are a bit unforgiving. There is also a park in Neosho, but I've never played it.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Joplin, MO

Postby Copperhead » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 am

Hmmm a bit of topic here forgive me but,
Neosho, Joplin those are quite familiar names...Along time ago..like 40years ago...I lived in Galena Kansasjust a about a Valkrye toss from Joplin on the other side of the state line but prior to that i lived in Granby Mo and recall a few trips to Neosh as aMy family raised certain breed of dogs..and a supplier lived there.
World can get small...even in the realm of Disc golf. :)
Copperhead
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Return to Courses