Hard shells on SAC

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Hard shells on SAC

Postby Eric O » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 am

Just a heads up for anyone looking for hard shells. Last few days Steep and Cheap has had some crazy deals on $300-400 shells for in between $100-200. Looks like they are closing out last year's colors on winter outerwear right now, so check it out if you need anything.

I'm still waiting for the patagonia micro puff hoodies to pop up on there.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Hard shells on SAC

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Eric O wrote:I'm still waiting for the patagonia micro puff hoodies to pop up on there.

Hell yeah. :mrgreen:
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby plastic_fondler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am

I highly recommend Backcountry.com's in house brands of gear. I've gotten a soft shell, wool hoody and some wool/polertec pullovers from them that rock! All 50% off on SAC and the gear's retail price is like 1/4 -1/2 off compared to brand names like Arcteryx/Patagonia. However, I'm in love with my Arcteryx pro gortex shell. Something about the climbing cuts for clothes is great for golf.
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby Eric O » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 am

plastic_fondler wrote:I highly recommend Backcountry.com's in house brands of gear. I've gotten a soft shell, wool hoody and some wool/polertec pullovers from them that rock! All 50% off on SAC and the gear's retail price is like 1/4 -1/2 off compared to brand names like Arcteryx/Patagonia. However, I'm in love with my Arcteryx pro gortex shell. Something about the climbing cuts for clothes is great for golf.
Yeah. I have last year's Shift and full zip wool hoody. Both great.

I'm not really into goretex or other W/B shells. They just don't work that great for me since they don't transfer vapor like softshells, and they have that weird stiff feeling. I have an ultralight one for when I really need it but I end up finding reasons not to wear/carry it most of the time. DriClime windshirt for the win in most weather.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear