Looking for Destiny Discs/Dynamic Discs "Dimple"

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking for Destiny Discs/Dynamic Discs "Dimple"

Postby Weebl » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 pm

Preferably in the aqua color. I have money or trade if that's what you're looking for. This disc is from 1991, I would appreciate it even if someone led me to someone who had one for sale... I'm having a difficult time finding one.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:52 pm

Hey Weebl, could you describe what the disc looks like a little bit? I just remember seeing some sort of disc that my local disc vendor dude had in his van one day...it had dimples around the topside of the rim sort of like a golf ball and I remember the plastic feeling like it was pretty hard. I picked it up and was like "Whoa, what's up with this thing? Is this some new experimental disc or something?" And the guy was just like "Oh that thing? That's really old, just have a few of those laying around still." Is that possibly the one you're looking for? I don't know what colors he had, but the one that I saw was yellow I think.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby doc65 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 am

Maybe this Ebay auction is what your looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIMPLE-Golf-Disc-by ... dZViewItem
doc65
Noob

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:58 am

Yeah, I think that looks like the one my guy had, though no shrink wrap or logo on the disc from what i remember.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby superq » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:21 am

that is a good find on the dimple.

there was only one dimple and it had at least 2 different stamps. The word around the campfire was that Destiny was encouraged not to make the disc legal for play (at the time there were a lot of copyright and patent battles going on) and that is why they molded it in the super firm plastic so that no one would get upset and no law suits would be filed. It is a nice piece of history and you will be hard pressed to find one in the original packaging.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade