New Course - Southwest Arkansas (Hope, AR)

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New Course - Southwest Arkansas (Hope, AR)

Postby RustyP » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:02 am

I'm not totally sure about when the course will be fully installed, but the city of Hope, AR (20-25 miles north-east of Texarkana along I-30) will be getting its first course soon.

Last weekend I helped one of the locals and some guys from the Hot Springs area lay out the front 9...the course will only be 9 holes to start off with, but the city has already approved a full 18-holer. From what I hear, the city already has 4 baskets and will purchase 1 new basket each month until they have 9. The course will be in a moderately-to-heavily wooded portion of the Fair Park with some slight elevation changes and a creek that comes into play a few times. The land allotted for the course is low lying, so there was a lot of mud, even a week after the last rain...we tried to keep the holes away from low ground as much as possible, but a few of them might need a little tweaking before permanent installation.

Here's a taste of the landscape (sorry, low quality pic):
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Re: New Course - Southwest Arkansas (Hope, AR)

Postby Timko » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 am

That's sweet. It's good to see The Natural State getting more courses.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Re: New Course - Southwest Arkansas (Hope, AR)

Postby sunspot » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:01 pm

Being my hometown, I've always thought that it would be a good place to have a disc golf course. Where are the baskets located at?

What does the design look like?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Return to Courses