ideas

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ideas

Postby redspexxx » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:50 pm

me and my friend are helping td a small 1 round local thing. im trying to think of some cool ideas for after-events, like ring of fire, maybe some fun CTP stipulations, but i'm coming up short. ideas? anything is welcome, and greatly appreciated.
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Solty » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:08 pm

Putting contest
Distance contest
MTA contest
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby swel304 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:34 pm

at our last tournement they painted a huge bullseye style target on a hillside (not a big slope, pretty flat) near the parking lot then had people throw from a marker on the lot about 200 feet away. I wasnt there to see the actual contest but I think they gave each person around 3-5 shots, and added score based on assined point values to each ring. top three won prizes I believe. Like I said I wasnt there but the target was alot of fun to throw at, I wish it was permanent for practicing mid shots!
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:02 pm

sounds like a super elaborate CTP to me ;-).

I havent played in all that many events, but I always have enjoied CTP's becasue they offer an even chance for everyone to compete w/ eachother. (although I cant like I would enjoy trying to hold my own in a D Contest)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:06 pm

CTB - Closest to bottle. They did it at a tourny a couple weeks ago. Scattered cases of beer and bottles of liqour out in a field and it was 2$ for each throw or whatever and whatever disc was closest to the beer that person won it. Pretty funny watching people keep an eye on that bottle of vodka making sure no one lands closer.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:09 pm

that sounds like a good time ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby redspexxx » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:14 pm

ok, so im trying to put together a plan for my local club and i[mostly i, they just hold the money] to start a match play type tournament-league kinda deal. how much do leagues usually cost? how much do you think people are willing to spend? has anyone ever td's a match play disc golf tourny?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:36 pm

We had interclub matchplay in our region. It was similar to the Ryder Cup.

We had four clubs in the league representing four courses. Six members from each club. Each member was seeded 1-6. We had singles match play against like seeds and we had doubles matchplay with like seeds (1s and 5s, 2s and 6s, 3 and 4s). I think every player paid $15 per event and there were seed winners as well as team payouts. We alternated between courses and the host club provided lunch for everyone. At the end of the season there was a prize for the club that had accumulated the most points as well as the top point getting player from each seed.

Being that we did this as a team competition it was more involved but you can do it just as a singles competition and you wouldn't have to worry about seeding or team points. I think $7-10 is fair for a weeknight type of thing maybe $15 for on a weekend. To keep it fun you could pay everyone. Winners could get a disc or two losers walk away with a mini or a fastback.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Knock-Out... Pretty cool game...

and we did a variation of Skee-Ball too. That was popular.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Rooster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:59 am

GUTS!

don't play it wasted taking full run ups with a firm wizard in the dark. not the smartest idea anyone ever had.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Tournaments