Mah Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby dgdave » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks! I was about to ask the same thing!
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Timko » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 am

dgdave wrote:Thanks! I was about to ask the same thing!

Inquiring minds want to know :).
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 am

Some Wizards
A Magic

Some Rocs
A Blaze

Some Leopards
Some Teebirds

A Monarch
A Distance driver (Wraith or Destroyer normally)
Timko

Re: Chris' Bag

Postby Timko » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 am

I put a Sabre back in my bag. Not that i can throw it any farther than my Rocs, but man, does this driver do everything I need it to. If I want to throw a hyzer flip midrange shot, I'll throw a Roc. With the Sabre, I can throw it with hyzer, have it fly straight, not flip and gradually fade at the end. Like a shorter, less overstable beat up Pred.

2 Wizards
1 Magi
4 Rocs
1 Sabre
1 Control Driver
2 Preds
2 Wraiths

I also have a Boss that's been floating around for a while, but until I get out to a big course, I just haven't gotten to use it much. I'm really looking forward to the Groove as an all out Max D driver personally. I can get the Boss to go pretty far on a full rip, but I'd like a fast driver that can handle a greater variety of speeds.
Timko

Postby Timko » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 am

With the cold weather, I'm playing a lot shorter courses, so I don't have anything that fast in the bag.

3 Wizards
1 Magi
3 Rocs
E Sabre
S Blaze
D CD
S PD

This setup has worked at pretty much every course I've played in the KC area. I haven't played Blue Valley in a while, but I'd be interested to see what I'd score out there with this setup.
Timko

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:37 pm

Furthur wrote:E Sabre
S Blaze
D CD
S PD

So are the Blaze/PD and Sabre/CD sort of short/long versions of the same slot? Meaning, you use them for the same basic lines but for different distances?

Just curious of the differences between each and the uses.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Furthur wrote:With the cold weather, I'm playing a lot shorter courses, so I don't have anything that fast in the bag.

3 Wizards
1 Magi
3 Rocs
E Sabre
S Blaze
D CD
S PD

This setup has worked at pretty much every course I've played in the KC area. I haven't played Blue Valley in a while, but I'd be interested to see what I'd score out there with this setup.

Holy shit! Same bag for a month! I moved around some of my wizards, and put my S CD back in my bag, but yea, it's pretty much the same thing.
Timko

Postby Timko » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:
Furthur wrote:E Sabre
S Blaze
D CD
S PD

So are the Blaze/PD and Sabre/CD sort of short/long versions of the same slot? Meaning, you use them for the same basic lines but for different distances?

Just curious of the differences between each and the uses.

Similar probably. The Sabre is more HSS than the CD. I use the Sabre as more of a long Roc (well, wizard would be closer in terms of flight). I can throw it pure on a lot of angles and get it to hold that angle. The Blaze is for spikes, short skips, a lot of wind approaches, and thumbers. It doesn't fit in to the minimal frame of mind, but if I was going to add one more disc to the fairway/pro stable/understable/distance/overstable category, it would probably be the overstable fairway. I can throw this disc hard and I know it's not going to go too far. If I do that with a PD or Pred or something of the like, I need to finesse it. And somedays, your finesse game isn't working, so having a very overstable fairway driver is nice to fall back on.

The CD is becoming my go to long fairway driver. Blake once compared the Valkyrie to a 3 Wood in golf, and that's what I think my CD flies like. It's got less turn and fade than the Valk, but that just means I have to put an angle on it out of my hand to shape a shot, which I prefer to do instead of letting the disc do all the work.

the PD is a lot less HSS than the Blaze. I pretty much throw it like a teebird, and expect a bigger fade at the end. I've been using the CD for straight shots, and the PD for flexing shots.
Timko

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Since I asked that, I've actually been throwing a PD a bit. I've heard on here and agree, Teebird on steroids. It's longer than my Preds but not as stable. I'm not real sure if it'll stay or not. It's not as long as my Illusion and I'm just not sure I need a disc between the two. Probably not.

I'm intrigued by the CD; right now the *Leopard is my 3wood. Similar or not?
I throw an Xtreme in my tourney bag sometimes, so I get what you're saying about the Blaze.
Occasionally I put an E Sabre in the bag. I never really gave it a fair shake when i first started throwing it, but I think I could appreciate a longer Roc/Wizard a little more now. Maybe it'll go back in for a bit.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:09 pm

I would compare a CD to a longer TL before I'd compare it to the Leopard. You obviously possess more power than I do, but the thing I like about the CD it it works across a wide range of powers provided your technique is sound.
Timko

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Hmmm, see now I think I don't need to try a CD out. I dropped TLs because of the overlap with Leopards. Pretty much same lines, but for me, there's more shaping abilities with the Leo.

Thanks for the info/discussion!
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 am

ferretdance03 wrote:Hmmm, see now I think I don't need to try a CD out. I dropped TLs because of the overlap with Leopards. Pretty much same lines, but for me, there's more shaping abilities with the Leo.

Thanks for the info/discussion!

At least for some this is a correct decision. It depends on what you need and what you already have and what you need to compliment the old disc if anything. Then again without ever throwing one you won't know if it kicks out some of the old stuff. If possible I'd loan one to see for yourself. There's nothing like personal experience. A CD is a worthy disc certainly.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Well I use the Leopards for straight to anny shots, outside Roc range. The TL wasn't as good at line shaping for me, and was too much overlap with my beat Preds. I have a feeling that the CD would be in the same position, but I hear what you're saying. I may still get one next time I order plastic.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Oh Snap! I'm adding a mold after the same bag for 3 months!

2 SS putting Wizards (168g)
1 M Magic (168g)
2 M Driving Wizards (175g)
4 dx Rocs (170g-180g)
1 E Sabre (170g)
1 S CD (170g)
1 E Blaze (175g)
1 S PD (170g)

and the new one

1 E Spirit (172g)

I knew I was going to add a Spirit soon, but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of practice throwing the PD into various winds.
Timko

Postby Timko » Mon May 11, 2009 8:14 pm

2 SS putting Wizards (168g)
1 M Magic (168g)
2 M Driving Wizards (175g)
3 dx Rocs (175g-180g)
1 E Sabre (170g)
1 S CD (170g)
1 E Blaze (175g)
1 S PD (170g)
1 E Spirit (172g)

and added Added a 169 Pro PD.
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion