Strikerholics Anonymous

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Strikerholics Anonymous

Postby optowesome » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:16 pm

I think this will get some info out, but I also have a question. How do domey Strikers and flatter Strikers compare in the air? Which excels at what..D..fade...wind...versatility?

My eval of my flat 171 striker is
It has great glide much like a 1.1 MOLF
It holds a straight line, slightly turned over and hyzer line exceptionally well
It is 30 Feet longer than my star and 12x teebirds.
It takes less power to hold the same line as a teebird.
It can go very fast...it seemed exceptionally fast for how controllable it is.
Very consistent.
optowesome
Tree Magnet

Re: Striker

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:35 pm

my domey 176 is a tad more stable and a little slower than my flat 170
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby optowesome » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 am

Is there any glide differences because I cannot imagine anything that glides this well? When you say a tad more stable it is still not quite a teebird right?
optowesome
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 am

The one I just sent is not as high speed stable as a TB and has a ton of glide, more so than a TB.

If the striker came out in 00 and the TB just came out, I have a feeling I'd be throwing strikers and saying "These TBs are nice, but they aren't a striker."
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby victorb » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:36 am

The striker sounds eerily similar to the evaluations I have made about the assassin.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dgdave » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 am

They are close. The striker is all around a tick more stable and the plastic is mondo better.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby discspeed » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am

Sounds like a TL...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby optowesome » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:25 am

I have throw all three and I will say
In Primo Plastic
The teebirds are the most overstable, then striker, then TL-striker is much more HSS than TL
Striker is the longest
TL and Striker are just as workable
Teebird is most dependable just barely over a Striker
Striker has the sweetest grip and plastic
optowesome
Tree Magnet

Postby disc junkie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 am

optowesome wrote:I have throw all three and I will say
In Primo Plastic
The teebirds are the most overstable, then striker, then TL-striker is much more HSS than TL
Striker is the longest
TL and Striker are just as workable
Teebird is most dependable just barely over a Striker
Striker has the sweetest grip and plastic

agreed to the fullest!!
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby zj1002 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am

ordered me a striker and timberwolf last night. i am hoping they take the place of some of the 6 teebirds i have, 3 of which are dx i am trying to beat in. probably going to be able to drop down to one eagle now also
Last edited by zj1002 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:03 am

Can a striker handle a headwind at all or does it need something else with it for that? What would you have to go with it if you had to pick something?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby disc junkie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:32 am

rusch_bag wrote:Can a striker handle a headwind at all or does it need something else with it for that? What would you have to go with it if you had to pick something?

They can but they need some serious hyzer release. I prefer not to throw them in a headwind.

When Im in a headwind I will move up to my TBs or FBs.

A headwind is about the only wind I dont like my Strikers for, everything else the Strikers are $$$. Especially a tail wind
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby optowesome » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:08 pm

rusch_bag wrote:Can a striker handle a headwind at all or does it need something else with it for that? What would you have to go with it if you had to pick something?

I have a slightly different experience than above. My flat 171 could handle a headwind if give 15 degrees hyzer. The winds I was throwing in was about 10-15 mph with burst a little more. The striker penetrated surprisingly well and was going a straight line to a slight turnover and small fade. My throws were going 350ish and I normally throw it 380-390 in calm. It is not going to be amazing but it can handle some.

The reason I started this thread is to get the word out about this amazing disc that otherwise might not be well known because it is not a mainstream company.
optowesome
Tree Magnet

Postby Jerrod » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 pm

For some reason my striker sounds like it's much more stable than the rest. I can't really get much of a flip out of it yet. I have a 172 and it flat. My average distance is 330 to 350. I know most of you guys are throwing longer than that and that is probably the reason I am not seeing a similar level of stability. I found the headwind comment interesting because that's when I am primarily throwing it. With no headwind I am not getting any flip at this point.
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby disc junkie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

optowesome wrote:

I have a slightly different experience than above. My flat 171 could handle a headwind if give 15 degrees hyzer. The winds I was throwing in was about 10-15 mph with burst a little more. The striker penetrated surprisingly well and was going a straight line to a slight turnover and small fade. My throws were going 350ish and I normally throw it 380-390 in calm. It is not going to be amazing but it can handle some.

The reason I started this thread is to get the word out about this amazing disc that otherwise might not be well known because it is not a mainstream company.

I will agree with that also, what is strange is that my 171 is better into a headwind than my 175. The Striker can and will fly in a headwind and it will do it fairly well, but it will not forgive you of any form mistakes made.

For my throwing style/game I would just rather throw a disc that can handle the headwind in a more forgiving/consistent manner. I do have 400+ power but I also know how to tone it down for the disc.

**No matter what though, EVERYONE go buy a Stiker and you will NOT be disappointed because no matter what level you are at in this game the Striker can and will do something for you.**
Last edited by disc junkie on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Next

Return to Equipment