Vibram Fivefingers

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm

:lol: anyone tried these?
http://www.burmarshoes.com/Merchant2/me ... t_Count=11
seems like they might be cool for less rugged terrain, not sure if i could deal with the harassment that would come with em though
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Luke » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Fucking fused toe.


I'm going to do it this time. I'm going through with it. All the way. I swear.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Leopard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

:mrgreen:

that is SUPER funny

Image
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer
User avatar
 
Posts: 4461
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: 30 miles x 100 miles x stinking island
Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Luke » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Update: Pussed out.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Blink » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I've been thinkin on it since it turns out wearing normal shoes makes you more prone to a different stride, and more ankle/foot injuries.

But probably won't go for it any time soon.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:06 am
Location: Arlington, TX
Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby practically invincible » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:23 pm

Guy who shops where I work has them, plus he is an Asian fellow and he signs his creditcard slips in chinese. We call him Ninja-guy. He never talks either. They make a funny squeaking sound on tile floor. Drives me crazy.
The only disc I throw well consistently is my lucky Wizard.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: 4500-6000 ft up

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Redisculous » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:21 am

practically invincible wrote:They make a funny squeaking sound on tile floor.


He must have flunked that part of his ninja training.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:17 am
Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby stoneman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:40 pm

:lol: :lol:
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby jeremy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 am

Well I'm taking the wife to REI in Charlotte tuesday, and if they have them there I might pick up a pair. They are on the website so I hope they have them in the store.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 am
Location: Nashville, TN/Atlanta, GA
Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:58 pm

jeremy wrote:Well I'm taking the wife to REI in Charlotte tuesday, and if they have them there I might pick up a pair. They are on the website so I hope they have them in the store.

they dont have em in my REI
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby stoneman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:59 pm

I wonder if you can get a pair custom molded to your feet...I might thry them if you could. :-D Are you guys gonna paint the toenails on these if you get them? :lol:
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby jeremy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
jeremy wrote:Well I'm taking the wife to REI in Charlotte tuesday, and if they have them there I might pick up a pair. They are on the website so I hope they have them in the store.

they dont have em in my REI


They are on REI's website,http://www.rei.com/search?query=Vibram+Five+Fingers and if they are not at the REI store we'll just go to
US National Whitewater Center
820 Hawfield Rd
Charlotte, NC,
28214
704-391-3900

EDIT:It's funny she made fun of all my shoes, and she looked up these shoes and she is wanting a pair also.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 am
Location: Nashville, TN/Atlanta, GA
Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby Luke » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 pm

I want them. However, my second and third toes are stuck together. I'm going to fix that, and that stupid bb in my hand is coming out too. I'm going to get a knife.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby jeremy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Alright my wife and I both got a pair at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC. What an amazing place wish we had all day. Rock climbing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, zip lines, hiking, mountain biking, also the training center for the Olympics.
O.k. back to the shoes. I got a pair of the KSO’s, and the wife got the Classics. I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I have worn mine all day yesterday, and all day today and now I'm wearing them at work. They feel great in grass especially in the cool evening with a little dew. Feel good on the carpet, nice on side walks, and really good in stores on the tile floors. We went out to eat this evening and parked in a gravel parking lot (small gravel). I really liked it because I could feel each piece of gravel under my feet and feel the slight give.

My wife's Classics are tight on the toes but a little loose on the heel and are rubbing the back of her foot slightly, but overall no complaints.

Mine fit really good all the toes are filled out besides the pinky toe and that’s because it is curled up. I love them and will keep wearing them all the time even at work unless I'm doing something that requires steel toes that day. Walking in the grass is really neat because you can still get dandelions stuck between your toes. In the city walking they make you more aware of where you are stepping (wife almost stepped on a nail).
They make you walk more on the balls of you feet instead of heel striking. After the 1st hr my knees and heels were hurting a little and that was because I was heel striking, and after realizing that I'm more aware of how I walk, and no more issues.

So far these are great, no disc golf in them yet, but I’m gonna try soon.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:01 am
Location: Nashville, TN/Atlanta, GA
Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Re: Vibram Fivefingers

Postby kolorz » Fri May 01, 2009 2:12 pm

jeremy wrote:Alright my wife and I both got a pair at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC. What an amazing place wish we had all day. Rock climbing, whitewater rafting, kayaking, zip lines, hiking, mountain biking, also the training center for the Olympics.
O.k. back to the shoes. I got a pair of the KSO’s, and the wife got the Classics. I recommend if anyone purchases them don't do it online because fit is very critical. We both had to go a size bigger than using the chart.

I have worn mine all day yesterday, and all day today and now I'm wearing them at work. They feel great in grass especially in the cool evening with a little dew. Feel good on the carpet, nice on side walks, and really good in stores on the tile floors. We went out to eat this evening and parked in a gravel parking lot (small gravel). I really liked it because I could feel each piece of gravel under my feet and feel the slight give.

My wife's Classics are tight on the toes but a little loose on the heel and are rubbing the back of her foot slightly, but overall no complaints.

Mine fit really good all the toes are filled out besides the pinky toe and that’s because it is curled up. I love them and will keep wearing them all the time even at work unless I'm doing something that requires steel toes that day. Walking in the grass is really neat because you can still get dandelions stuck between your toes. In the city walking they make you more aware of where you are stepping (wife almost stepped on a nail).
They make you walk more on the balls of you feet instead of heel striking. After the 1st hr my knees and heels were hurting a little and that was because I was heel striking, and after realizing that I'm more aware of how I walk, and no more issues.

So far these are great, no disc golf in them yet, but I’m gonna try soon.

I've had a pair of KSO's for a little over a month and love them! Everything you said is dead on, especially the sizing, go one bigger than recommended. As for disc golf, they're just not strong enough, especially concrete pads. The siping on the bottom seems to tear off in little pieces pretty easily when on concrete. Another thing is the stitching on the strap is rather weak, causing one of the straps to break. Aside from that, I absolutely love these things. I put on regular shoes and feel reallly clumsy. :lol:
TB Roc Wiz ..Zephyr :)
kolorz
Noob
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: Big Tex
Favorite Disc: TB

Next

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron