Who loves Orc?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Who loves Orc?

Postby lovetoDG » Thu May 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Beat Champ Orc 171 was giving me 400 to 500 ft 4 times yesterday. It also got the closet hole (fireplace) 450 ft that I practice big open slight downhill. It flies like it had too much glide juice in the air. Beaten Champ is the best to use just like DX.

Night Shift Orc 175 had amazing stable line where I wanted to throw around 400 ft. Here comes another Orc disc helping me out.

I was kinda wondering if there's any Orc lovers out there to start long Orc Tread!
Nuke-PD-Teebird-Roadrunner-Roc-Wizard
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 11x Teebird

Re: Who loves Orc?

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:57 pm

everyone loves the disc

but i think i am the only that loves the stamp

SO WHAT IF I LIKE EM UGLY

the Special Blend Orc's have been quite the hot item here recently
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby discspeed » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I'm glad you started this thread!

The Orc was the first distance driver that I committed to when I started playing. For some reason I got caught up in the hype of the latest greatest for a long time. During this period I honestly had very little "touch" on any shots over 360'. A couple months ago I was reintroduced to the Orc by a friend and I've been loving it since. It flies so nicely on an 85% throw that I've been regularly parking holes I am usually happy to get within 30' on. It is so much more forgiving than even the Wraith it is really having a positive impact on my distance game.

Last night at the first night of our summer league in Clearwater I threw my first drive with my 175 X out Champ Orc. I put it straight in the basket from 390' and it spun out to the left. I got a dollar from 7 or 8 people because it was hole 1 and people were watching. :D The Orc is absolutely my favorite distance driver once again.
Last edited by discspeed on Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Roy » Thu May 07, 2009 7:03 pm

glide juice :lol:
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm

discspeed wrote:I'm glad you started this thread!

The Orc was the first distance driver that I committed to when I started playing. For some reason I got caught up in the hype of the latest greatest for a long time. During this period I honestly had very little "touch" on any shots over 360'. A couple months ago I was reintroduced to the Orc by a friend and I've been loving it since. It flies so nicely on an 85% throw that I've been regularly parking holes I am usually happy to get within 30' on. It is so much more forgiving than even the Wraith it is really having a positive impact on my distance game.

Last night at the first night of our summer league in Clearwater I threw my first drive with my 175 X out Champ Orc. I put it straight in the basket from 390' and it spun out to the left. I got a dollar 7 or 8 people because it was hole 1 and people were watching. :D The Orc is absolutely my favorite distance driver once again.

I honestly can't stand the Wraith but that may just be my form, arm, etc. My first distance driver was a DX Orc that i beat and beat and beat. Of all the distance drivers I have every thrown the Orc has always been the most controllable. That said I was playing with my roommates Star Orc(161g) today. The plastic felt a ton different from the usual star, not quite as soft and very firm. I can also faintly see through the flight plate like on a champ/clear disc which is something I don't think I have ever seen in star plastic. Is this a Special Blend Orc? just curious as i have never felt one but i know 100% it is not the usual Star Orc I am used too. Perhaps the plastic is like that due to the weight, idk. Would be sick if I had one under my nose this whole time. I assume someone like DGDAVE or Disc Junkie can answer this better since they throw them I think
Last edited by zj1002 on Thu May 07, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 pm

koyok23 wrote:

Last night at the first night of our summer league in Clearwater I threw my first drive with my 175 X out Champ Orc. I put it straight in the basket from 390' and it spun out to the left. I got a dollar 7 or 8 people because it was hole 1 and people were watching. :D The Orc is absolutely my favorite distance driver once again.

I honestly can't stand the Wraith but that may just be my form, arm, etc. My first distance driver was a DX Orc that i beat and beat and beat. Of all the distance drivers I have every thrown the Orc has always been the most controllable. That said I was playing with my roommates Star Orc(161g) today. The plastic felt a ton different from the usual star, not quite as soft and very firm. I can also faintly see through the flight plate like on a champ/clear disc which is something I don't think I have every done with a star orc. Is this a Special Blend Orc? just curious as i have never felt one but i know 100% it is not the usual Star Orc I am used too. Would be sick if I had one under my nose this whole time. I assume someone like DGDAVE or Disc Junkie can answer this since they throw them I think

nope, thats just one of the Champ/star blend star discs, that plastic is sweet and pops up in a few different molds, i see it most often on star orcs though. on a sidenote all the discmania S PD's and most of the S DD's are made out of that plastic
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
koyok23 wrote:

I honestly can't stand the Wraith but that may just be my form, arm, etc. My first distance driver was a DX Orc that i beat and beat and beat. Of all the distance drivers I have every thrown the Orc has always been the most controllable. That said I was playing with my roommates Star Orc(161g) today. The plastic felt a ton different from the usual star, not quite as soft and very firm. I can also faintly see through the flight plate like on a champ/clear disc which is something I don't think I have every done with a star orc. Is this a Special Blend Orc? just curious as i have never felt one but i know 100% it is not the usual Star Orc I am used too. Would be sick if I had one under my nose this whole time. I assume someone like DGDAVE or Disc Junkie can answer this since they throw them I think

nope, thats just one of the Champ/star blend star discs, that plastic is sweet and pops up in a few different molds, i see it most often on star orcs though. on a sidenote all the discmania S PD's and most of the S DD's are made out of that plastic

Thank You for the clarification. I really like the way it throws. Sadly he won't give it up because he got his one and only ace with it. Guess I will be looking for one, and I think it is time I just buy some PD's as the trade market seems dry.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby disc junkie » Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Count me in...I recently refell in love with the Orc after a somewhat brief affair with the Wraith.

I am rocking a SB Orc and Stiff Star Orc and Im actually getting more D than I was with my Wraiths and whats even better is that its more of a controlled "D" shot.

I just wish I never traded my other SBs cause man these discs rock hard!

I really want to try a Night Shift

I used to throw the pearly champ and those are super schweet, BUT I think the SB or Stiff Star are the best fa sho (IMHO)
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Eric O » Thu May 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Who loves Orc?
Me
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby taylor714 » Thu May 07, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm a huge orc fan. Definitely enjoy throwing a beat champ orc. Whats the deal with the Special Blend Orcs? I wasn't aware of these....please inform.
taylor714
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eraser Wizard

Postby lovetoDG » Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm

What? There's more Orc for me to replace in my bag. Good thing, I have back up Night Shift Orc to save for later and explore more Orc but man I would love CFR Orc.

I just use 175 Domey Champ Wraith for long forehand drives. It seems fresh Wraith works better instead of beat but it's starting to get beat up but wait and see when it gets really beaten. It doesn't work well with regular wraith for backhand. But, I have 2007 CFR Wraith that was impressive that gave me 475 ft one time.
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 pm

I love the orc and just like Discspeed it was my first distance driver. I don't really rock it much right now since I don't really need distance at most courses around here. When I do head out to courses where I could use more distance I usually throw a couple SB orcs in the bag because they are so easy to get far out there.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Torg » Thu May 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I moved from an XS to an Orc a few years back. I liked it so much I ordered 4 SB Orcs. I am down to one now but Star Orcs have taken their place. Every year I buy one of the whatever is hot driver but nothing throws as consistent or feels just right in my hand like an Orc.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby DPJ88 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:25 pm

The orc is my go to distance driver, awesome controllability in heavier weights, super glidey in the light end.

I love it. I have a lighter weight (165) pearly hunting blaze orange champ that is just money in low-wind conditions and a beefy 175 yellow one that is fairly well seasoned that just flies amazingly. It is the one distance driver that has remained a mainstay in my bag. I've been through vikings, surges, starfires and a few others.

But I remain with Orcs as my go to and starfires to accent them for slightly more stable/overstable D line.
Pred - Orc - EagleX - River - Wasp - Buzzz - Fuse - Challenger
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby lovetoDG » Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am

Anyone throw Pro Orc?

Orc was my first driver also that helped me improve fast by using forehand. I always wished I still have it because it was best disc I ever used. I would look for it every ones in a while in hoping to find it but that was 2 years ago. I doubt I will find it.

Where can I find special blend Orc??? I don't want order by mistaken that only comes in Star.
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Equipment