My DFW top 5:
1) Lester Lorch - Cedar Hill (2 awesome, technical, and beautiful courses on one property...my old home course)
2) Harry Myers - Rockwall (Houck course with a good mix of deucable holes and challenging par 4-5...my current home course)
3) Z Boaz - Ft Worth (Another Houck course with a great mix of everything...I've seen this one show up on some top pro's "top 10" list)
4) Towne Lakes - McKinney (New "pro-level" course...lots of wooded fairways, a giant creek, good variety)
5) Bicentennial Park - Crowley (Very challenging course w/ 3 sets of tees, lots of tricky elevation shots)
Lake Lewisville is also a great one, as is Veterans...I just don't play them that often. Fritz isn't one I would make a long trip to, but if you end up in the area its a pretty fun little course. Audubon has a lot of potential and some awesome holes, but it's pretty rough around the edges...worn-in dirt tees, 9 homemade baskets, high grass sometimes.
I'm down to meet up with you guys one day....especially when you hit Lorch Park
Z boaz, Veterans, Crowley, and Cedar Hill are all near I-20; you might be able to squeeze them all into 1 day, but I'd recommend taking your sweet time at Lorch...it's very scenic and peaceful. Rockwall and Audubon are fairly close together (and there's 1 other decent course in the area - Paschall Park), and Lake Lewisville and Towne Lakes aren't too far apart, but it can take forever during rush hour traffic.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard