0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby emiller3 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:16 am

I like the old production Z, is the new production Z different? Hopefully they're still flat, because I love flat. My Cryztal is ok, but it's a little domier, more beefy, and it's not quite suitable for my workhorse slot. Do I need to go stock up on some old production Z's?
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby adidadg » Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am

koyok23 wrote:waiting for the new thread

What's your Roc of choice?

i want to see all the different runs

im not sure the forum can support that much data :D

im starting to think the Roc vs Buzzz threads are worthy of their own sub-forum
adidadg

Postby Jsw » Thu May 28, 2009 11:18 am

This thread supports my theory that people only claim they prefer the Buzzz because of their deep-rooted phobia of base-line plastic. And the Buzz provides them with a roc-like midrange that can be had in primo plastic for cheap.

I don't want to hear how many DX TB's you own(You'
re likely lying to spite me), and Gateway "S" plastic doesn't count either.

A grand total of ZERO votes for the Pro-D Buzzz says it all.

I'm such a troll. :lol:
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby JKP » Thu May 28, 2009 11:28 am

i like my crystal, its straight not much fade and floaty
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby TheTyrant » Thu May 28, 2009 11:31 am

2nd FR all the way. I'm actually embarrassed to pull out my D buzzz because of how deformed it is. I just put in an ESP to try and beat the hell out of it and use it for turnover duties. Does anyone use a thrashed esp for this? How do they beat in? Comet lovers can stay on their own thread, thank you :)
TheTyrant
Tree Magnet

Postby JKP » Thu May 28, 2009 11:33 am

TheTyrant wrote:2nd FR all the way. I'm actually embarrassed to pull out my D buzzz because of how deformed it is. I just put in an ESP to try and beat the hell out of it and use it for turnover duties. Does anyone use a thrashed esp for this? How do they beat in? Comet lovers can stay on their own thread, thank you :)

i had been working on beating an esp in.. but someone said try this.. it was a comet.. and it took the spot
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby MR. WICK » Thu May 28, 2009 11:38 am

Jsw wrote:This thread supports my theory that people only claim they prefer the Buzzz because of their deep-rooted phobia of base-line plastic. And the Buzz provides them with a roc-like midrange that can be had in primo plastic for cheap.

Your right I have a serious phobia of DX plastic as does just about everyone in new england, D plastic too. I don't like the characteristics of my disc to change much at all, let alone taco it mid round and not know how it will fly the next time. I want to just be able to grab a new one and have it fly like i want it to. Easy to replace. All that took was me loosing a money dx roc. The only thing made out of dx in my bag is my roller disc.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby emiller3 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Jsw wrote:This thread supports my theory that people only claim they prefer the Buzzz because of their deep-rooted phobia of base-line plastic. And the Buzz provides them with a roc-like midrange that can be had in primo plastic for cheap.

I love base plastic, it is not a factor in deciding to throw a Roc or a Buzzz. I don't see a correlation there.

I have a spot in my bag for a shorter, more versatile mid, whereas the Buzzz is for distance and low shots. Isn't the Roc in the shorter, more versatile mid category? I use a Meteor because I can also throw it for distance on elevated teepads. At low speeds it flies every bit like my buddy's most versatile Roc, but it's better at longer distances. He's powers down a Leopard when I throw my Buzzz, and throws his Roc when I throw my Meteor.
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu May 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I don't think I would compare my money roc to a meteor.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby discspeed » Thu May 28, 2009 1:13 pm

No Roc flies like a Buzzz. I threw the Roc for a long time (dx, KC, Champ) and went back to a Buzzz strictly because of performance. I am better with a Buzzz than I was with a Roc, period. I have influenced several 990+ to switch from a Roc (or Wasp) to a Buzzz and it made them better (look up Fabricio Abdala, Dan Medina, Brian Johnson). They got tired of watching me throw prettier lines than they could get with their Rocs/Wasp on straight shots, so they picked up a Buzzz. All of these guys will tell you now that it is much easier to throw straight shots 300+ feet with the Buzzz. Even Aleksey Bubis admits that if he wasn't sponsered (and although he is not currently, he is on the board to get re-picked up if his rating climbs back) he would choose the Buzzz over a Roc. I really don't understand all the Roc hype and never have. I throw what works for me, and if Ken Climo can't show me truer straight lines with his Rocs, then NOBODY can.

I understand and respect Blake's arguments, but I think that most of his points hold truer for developing players rather than those who have excellent form and control. I have 100% true range control with my Buzzz from 280-340'. On holes I practice between these distances with my 2FR Buzzz I land within 5' of the correct distance 90% of the time. I also throw a Comet and a Champ Shark, but I use my Buzzz on the vast majority of my mid shots. It is my favorite disc and has carded me more birdies than all other discs combined. I'll stop throwing the Buzzz when someone pries it from my cold, dead hands. :mrgreen:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby emiller3 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Frank_Delicious wrote:I don't think I would compare my money roc to a meteor.

Because the Meteor is too HS and LS understable?

I wasn't intending to compare the Roc mold to the Meteor mold, I was saying that the Roc seems like a shorter, more versatile mid, which is not at all what I use my Buzzz for. I'm saying that for a versatile, shorter mid, I use my Meteor...probably because I'm at altitude. When other people pull out their seasoned Rocs, I pull out my Meteor. My Meteor will hold any line except a low anny up to 275', and I can throw it effortlessly. Anything over that, I'm throwing my Buzzz, and my Buzzz excels at low shots, including annys. What the Meteor gets me that a Roc wouldn't is turnovers out to 330'...give it some hyzer, rip it, and watch it glide left (LHBH) with 0% chance of fading back. I could throw a Roc, but I think it would overlap too much with my Buzzz without replacing it for those distance or low shots, it'd take too long to beat in, I'd cry when I lost it, and it would take a little more effort to get those lines to hold when it is newer (which I'm hearing can last for more than a year :shock: ). Not trying to dis the Roc, I really don't care, I'm just not sure why the Buzzz and Roc get compared so much. Shouldn't we be having Comet vs Roc debates now?

EDIT: And I hit chains two rounds ago with my Meteor, and chains again today with my Buzzz. How they didn't stick is beyond me, it was like the basket threw them back at me...they are Innova baskets, maybe if I was throwing Rocs :wink:
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Postby adidadg » Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

I carry both the Z and D buzzz, as do a lot of players. But im sure if you ask any of them which is their money buzzz, it will be the Z, hence the votes. The D version is nice its just more of an understable compliment to the Z.
adidadg

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Thu May 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Either a first run or a nice, flat, tourney or club stamped Buzzz is $$$$$$$$!
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby coldy13 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Core :) My friend bought a buzz so I finally got to look at the two side by side, I saw no difference except the dome.
Sinus AP-Magic-River-XXX-Striker-Vision-Halo
coldy13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: striker

Postby Flipflat » Thu May 28, 2009 4:29 pm

discspeed wrote:
TeamTollandDG wrote:
discspeed wrote:
TeamTollandDG wrote:I like the old production Z the best (with the flight rating etched into the disc, old dcraft z stamp, 2006 I think mine are from). I also throw the 2fr. The ones with the new stamp on them aren't even Buzzes imo.

I like the new ones. I think they are the most like 1st runs of all the others.

Hmmm. Not the ones I've seen. Domey as hell. I like em flat as a board

My new ones are flat as a board. :D I agree though, domey Buzzzes are whack.

Yep, my new z's are flat also. I own 2 and both are the same, although I throw 2ndFR

I like the Z and X- beat the X up, and you have room for both in the bag.

On a side note, the 2nd FR I throw is the one my buddy found, which I got off him for $5! It's blue with a ghost stamp, found 20ft straight after a tee at a local course, in about a foot of water. It was spring and half the course was flooded, and I figured a person who didn't realize what they had, hit one of the two trees right after the tee and it dropped in the water. How cool is that? :lol:
Last edited by Flipflat on Thu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment