X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby Timko » Fri May 29, 2009 12:43 pm

This one.

But really, if I did throw the Buzz, I'd go with a 1st run or something that's flat like a 1st run.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:57 pm

3 Vicodin smashed up,pint of quality tequilla,gram of coke,box of nitrous,and at least an 8th of dank :mrgreen:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby discspeed » Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:3 Vicodin smashed up,pint of quality tequilla,gram of coke,box of nitrous,and at least an 8th of dank :mrgreen:

I didn't think it would take 4 pages to get such a response. :shock: :lol:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:49 pm

discspeed wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:3 Vicodin smashed up,pint of quality tequilla,gram of coke,box of nitrous,and at least an 8th of dank :mrgreen:

I didn't think it would take 4 pages to get such a response. :shock: :lol:

I was also shocked that it took me that long :lol: I guess my first reaction is to big up the Roc and a distant second is to make a drug "joke" :wink:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Guys...
.....Elaborate on the Elite X buzzz for a moment. I understand that one should avoid trees obviously, but what about the stability and flight, etc. Talk positive for me if you can!
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Smitty » Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 pm

You didn't put the best of the best on the list!

Factory Fly Dye Z. They are done on white Z plastic and they are the best buzzards I have thrown.

I do love me some first run for the anhyzer shots, but now that I have the Meteor it gets used less and less.
Smitty
Noob

Postby discspeed » Sat May 30, 2009 5:14 am

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Guys...
.....Elaborate on the Elite X buzzz for a moment. I understand that one should avoid trees obviously, but what about the stability and flight, etc. Talk positive for me if you can!

If you get a flat one they are the straightest and have the most glide. They don't handle power as well as the Z or ESP, but they fly the prettiest. They actually sit beside a stable Z Buzzz almost perfectly for hitting gaps with lower armspeed and throwing shorter shots flat (a stable Z Buzzz usually has to be thrown turned over to fly straight under 260-270'). The durability is actually pretty good if you buy one that feels solid.
discspeed

Postby Triplebogey » Sat May 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Does anyone here have experience with te Buzzz-GT??

How do they fly different from a standard Elite-X? if at all.

I'm considering switching over to Buzzzs from the Cro, but all that I have is 3 168g Buzzz-GT X-outs that got for $4 each.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun May 31, 2009 10:07 am

So if you get a new stock Z Buzzz, what do you look for? dome, flat?
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby adidadg » Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 am

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:So if you get a new stock Z Buzzz, what do you look for? dome, flat?

I like them perfectly flat. Watch out for the concave ones they fly more understable, the domey ones more overstable. The flat ones are straight and true.
adidadg

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun May 31, 2009 12:06 pm

While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ziggy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:18 pm

I like these buzzzes

ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby emiller3 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 pm

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:While were talking about buzzzes, why not the Pro-D? I understand they are going to beat in and all but what is the flight like? I noticed that there is a pro on the Dcraft page that only throws them in Pro-D?

I just can't seem to trust my Pro-D Buzzz, and it seems to run out of steam a lot sooner. I have to give it more height than my Z Buzzzes or else it drops too soon and doesn't go as far. It doesn't have the same glide or something, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Here at altitude, Z Buzzzes start out a little overstable, but the Pro-D starts out dead straight, and holds an anny line all the way right out of the box. It's junk in the wind compared to a new Z Buzzz.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby smarkquart » Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm

FLX Buzzes are great. They will hold any line like most other Buzzzes, they glide a little better than a Z, and have so little ricochet when you nail tree. Since the FLX plastic is nearly indestructible, when I need it bounce off the ground, hard hyzer into the ground and then take a ninety degree turn, I can trust that it will not be damage and will maintain its flight characteristics time after time. This is really handy considering how many wooded courses we have around here.

I do not know about other Buzzzes, but when I need a dead accurate tomahawk at 180 to 220 feet, I always use the FLX Buzzz.

Scott
smarkquart
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Depends on the month

Postby discspeed » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:11 am

smarkquart wrote:FLX Buzzes are great. They will hold any line like most other Buzzzes, they glide a little better than a Z, and have so little ricochet when you nail tree. Since the FLX plastic is nearly indestructible, when I need it bounce off the ground, hard hyzer into the ground and then take a ninety degree turn, I can trust that it will not be damage and will maintain its flight characteristics time after time. This is really handy considering how many wooded courses we have around here.

I do not know about other Buzzzes, but when I need a dead accurate tomahawk at 180 to 220 feet, I always use the FLX Buzzz.

Scott

After throwing all of the Buzzzes on the list, I have to disagree with the FLX gliding better than the Z. I've compared them side to side and my 2FR Zs glide farther than the FLX with the same throw every time. Standard Z Buzzzes go farther as well. The FLX Buzzz must be thrown harder to work and when it loses speed it dies immediately, where stiffer Buzzzes keep going forward.
discspeed

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment