Random Doubles

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Random Doubles

Postby the unwrinkled ear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:21 pm

It may be helpful to have a thread that lists random doubles days and times for various courses so when you travel you can look and see about playing with locals.

In any case, I've been running random doubles at the Chavez Ridge course around Dodger Stadium in LA on Thursdays at 6pm this summer.

Come on out, and don't fear the locals.
most recent Ace: 7/16/09: Chavez Ridge/ Dodger Stadium, CA, hole #6, Soft APX
the unwrinkled ear
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:14 pm

I vote for a sticky on this. Great way to get people connected while traveling and playing DG.

We have random doubles at Searight on Friday afternoons, show up before 5 during the summer.

Minis also at Pease Saturday mornings at 10 (singles though).
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby SkaBob » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:22 pm

If you're in the Detroit area there're a few random draw doubles leagues. Other than the Stony Creek one (which I'm not sure of), they're all $5 to play with a $1 ace pool.

Tuesdays at Fox Creek in Shelby Twp (private course, if you find a local ask them where it's at it's AWESOME), 6pm tee off

Wednesdays at Firefighters Park in Troy, 6pm tee off. The Firefighters one tends to be random fromat, so it's not ALWAYS doubles, it's juts a bunch of people gathering to play casually.

Wednesdays at Starr Jaycee Park in Royal Oak, 6:30pm tee off. This one doesn't have a lot of people, but when there're enough it's either doubles or Ript Revenge madness.

Thursdays at Wagner Park in Royal Oak, 6pm tee off. Sometimes random draw, sometimes pro-am.

Fridays at Stony Creek in Shelby Twp, 6pm tee off. Another random format, sometimes it's pro-am, sometimes it's random draw.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby stoneman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:12 pm

6:00 on Thursday's at Deis Hill Park, currently #1 course in Ohio according to reviews on ohiodiscgolf.org :D.(NOT trying to say it IS #1...it's new, so people are excited about it)

5 bucks to play, one buck for ace fund ($100 bucks). Would be cool if some out of state guys showed up. Had a guy from Hawaii the first night...was in town visiting family.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Re: Random Doubles

Postby the unwrinkled ear » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:10 pm

The Chavez Ridge doubles this year have been moved to mondays. meet at 6 around teepad 6.

no money - we take donations only. winners get a disc (the donations have been paying for these, so keep it up)

so far, we've given away: champion edition leopards, old school pro line beasts, champ wraiths, san marino aviars, and a couple other things i cant remember. Discovering the world has donated two visions for next monday (i've been told they're latitude 64s version of a sidewinder)

We will be doing a worst shot doubles soon, and also an alternating shot one. People of very different skill levels play this event, and we like it that way. It's more about encouragement and fun and building community than $$ doubles rounds at other courses.

Also, telemundo is going to be filming up there on monday 6/8 so if you're a spanish speaker and you want to be on tv talking about disc golf in the shadow of dodger stadium and downtown LA, PM me and i'll give you the details.
the unwrinkled ear
Tree Magnet

Postby the unwrinkled ear » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 pm

oh yah - and we have an ace disc for the first person to ace during doubles: it's a star monster with a custom monster drawing dyed into it
the unwrinkled ear
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:36 pm

North bay area weekly events:

Stafford Lake random dubs, Saturdays at noon, meet on the first tee
Golden Gate Park Singles league, Sundays, rolling starts from 8 am to around noon i think
Lucchesi Park random dubs, Mondays at 5:30 (run by yours truly :wink: )
Crane Creek Singles league, Tuesdays at 5:00/5:30
Arm Farm singles league, Wednesday at 5:30
Berkely Random dubs, Thursday at ................i dunno....never been 530?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby the unwrinkled ear » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

we're doing WORST shot doubles today at chavez ridge: it's gonna be UGGGGLY!!! come on out and have some fun. i think we're playing for opto visions today. 6pm, teepad 6.
the unwrinkled ear
Tree Magnet

Postby Dig It » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 pm

In Colorado they have $5 Random Draw Doubles every Sunday at 10am held at the Johnny Roberts Memorial course.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby TEX » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:10 pm

6pm on Thursday's in Watertown, WI. It's 9 miles north of I90 on Highway 26.
When Life gives you lemon's, make lemonade and share it with someone else.
TEX
Tree Magnet

Postby Redisculous » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 pm

5:30 pm on Thursdays @ Lustig park, Janesville WI. Just started up last week, I wasn't able to attend so I can't say much other than the time and place.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Return to Courses