Two stroke penalty for other players scoring errors?

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Two stroke penalty for other players scoring errors?

Postby ChUcK » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Frank_Delicious wrote:
ChUcK wrote:Any scores turned in late receive the penalty, so if the entire group is on the same scorecard that would mean penalties to all, like Frank said.

me?

Frank, Fritz, you're all the same...
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby tim » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:14 pm

I like the idea of the guy who forgot to turn in the card offering to take all 8 strokes. That shows some class. My brother did the same thing a while back, but TD followed the PDGA rules and gave the whole card the 2 strokes... it really would be nice if there were a higher penalty for the guy who walked off with the card. Maybe 2 strokes for him, plus one for every other person on the card; other players only take one penalty stroke each (for letting an irresponsible person walk off with the scores).

I always try to make sure that either I am the person with the scorecard (b/c I know I will take it straight to HQ), or that I know and trust the guy with the card, or in lieu of either of those circumstances, I will just walk along back to HQ with the guy with the scorecard.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:26 pm

tim wrote:I like the idea of the guy who forgot to turn in the card offering to take all 8 strokes. That shows some class.

The guys IS total class! One of the best guys I know. He felt miserable. He begged the TD to stroke him all 8. The other guys on the card were cool about it, which helps.

I always make sure the card goes back to the TD. I will follow the guy to the TD's tent just to make sure.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Coldpunk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 am

Just to follow up, we didn't all get stroked for doofus' poor math skills. I did end up having to pitch a fit though and I hate having to be "that guy". I also hated wasting valuable travel time between courses and shortening my time
for lunch, but there was no way they were enforcing a rule on me they couldn't show me in a rule book.
Coldpunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion