Disc line and Distance

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc line and Distance

Postby DiscCrusher » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:22 pm

I throw rhbh. When I'm practicing driving to improve my form I like to use understable discs as much as possible because it makes it easy to tell if I am coming through on a level plane. I use a sidewinder alot and I used to use a beat up Pro TL. A strange thing I have noticed is that most of the longest drives I have ever had came with these discs on pure hyzer lines, not ever getting totally flat, approximate distance of 350'. Do you guys think that unstable discs kept hyzer gets as much distance as stable discs thrown S-Curve, or was this likely just my discs catching the breeze perfectly? I've also found that I can reach long sharp hyzers easier with my unstable discs on exteme angles rather than stable discs thrown with less hyzer.
DiscCrusher
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:52 pm

hyzers get more air under them and with understable discs they will often hang longer allowing for more carry.

s-curves nearly always (with a couple of exceptions) get more distance than any other shot as long as you get the disc to flex correctly (forward).
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby DiscCrusher » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 pm

Yeah these shots I'm describing were able to climb much higher than my normal hyzer flip s-curve lines, so maybe it was more of a hieght issue than anything. I also get more distance from high anhyzers that flex forward than I do with hyzer flips that s-curve with a forward fade because the hyzer flips stay too low to the ground. P.S. what would those exceptions be?
DiscCrusher
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:57 pm

if you aren't going for max max D, teebirds don't really get any more carry if they get turned or stay straight.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Technique