Praise for technical clothing

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Praise for technical clothing

Postby Luke » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 pm

It may just be that I'm a man's man that drinks a lot of hard alcohol, beats my wife, and is that ass hole dad who makes his son be the best tee ball player ever, but I can wear cotton underwear on a rim to rim GC hike, and not end up with a chafe.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby domromer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Man I'm so down with the tech drawers, the only time my junk is swathed in cotton is when I'm on the couch watching a movie.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby JR » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 am

Luke wrote:It may just be that I'm a man's man that drinks a lot of hard alcohol, beats my wife, and is that ass hole dad who makes his son be the best tee ball player ever, but I can wear cotton underwear on a rim to rim GC hike, and not end up with a chafe.

You're lucky. Do you sweat a lot? I do and that's damaging to the skin when a lot of salt adds to the already sand paper like qualities of wet cotton pants.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, I definitely sweat. After a football a game I'd be wet from hair to toenail. However, I don't sweat a lot under ordinary circumstances by any means. I often look at people and am like, "Err?!?" I guess that is a good thing since I don't have to go around buying 30 dollar skivvies.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby jnecessary » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:02 pm

I thought I would add to this odd but useful thread that the Under Armour(unfortunately, $20 per pair) boxer briefs have done wonders for me on the course and hiking. I can play 3+ rounds and still be fresh and comfy at the end. When wearing typical cotton boxer briefs I'm getting a bit uncomfortable by late in the second round.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Luke wrote:Well, I definitely sweat. After a football a game I'd be wet from hair to toenail. However, I don't sweat a lot under ordinary circumstances by any means. I often look at people and am like, "Err?!?" I guess that is a good thing since I don't have to go around buying 30 dollar skivvies.

There's sweat and then there's reeeaaally sweaty :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby stoneman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Some dainty dudes 'round here. :D
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby krusen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:21 pm

I found some Jockey's at Wal-Mart for $10 per. I thought that was expensive.
Mostly polyester with some spandex. They work great. I've had serious chafing in the past...after 36 holes I'd be walking like a gay cowboy.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby JR » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 am

stoneman wrote:Some dainty dudes 'round here. :D

You being an ex military man should appreciate that spec op dudes and marathon runners use Vaseline and I've heard of talcum power as well from doc that recommended it to me. She was a runner.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby stoneman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 am

So you're comparing a round or two of disc golf to running a marathon, or performing special ops maneuvers??? :lol:
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:17 am

stoneman wrote:So you're comparing a round or two of disc golf to running a marathon, or performing special ops maneuvers??? :lol:

I'm comparing broken skin to broken skin. Been there done that. Cotton is from the devil! And I'm not even talking about slavery :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Torg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 am

Kilts fix all that undershorts soaking up anything issue.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby XvileX » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:28 pm

That's awesome. A guy I worked with and I used to have a running joke about wearing kilts to work because shorts were not allowed in the summer dress code, but women could wear skirts. We figured since a kilt is basically a men's skirt it should be allowed.

I'm still not sure I have the sack to even try it, and $150 for the cheapest one guarantees I'll never know.
XvileX
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Postby Jaysus » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:55 am

XvileX wrote:That's awesome. A guy I worked with and I used to have a running joke about wearing kilts to work because shorts were not allowed in the summer dress code, but women could wear skirts. We figured since a kilt is basically a men's skirt it should be allowed.

I'm still not sure I have the sack to even try it, and $150 for the cheapest one guarantees I'll never know.

Mountain Hardware makes one: http://www.rei.com/product/718529
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby stoneman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

THAT thing just looks like a skirt...it has to be wool and plaid to be a kilt, doesn't it? lol
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear