Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:10 pm

mikesolt wrote:i had a discussion with Ferretdance.....i cannot stand the ACIDs....however i usta smoke Lars Tetens. http://www.larstetens.com/ Check em out!

Little tid bit, Acid broke off of Lars Teten. The guy who owns Acid was co-owner of Lars, and they had a disagreement and so he split. It was a hairy deal and included a lawsuit cause the Acid guy took multiple rollers and recipes with him. Fun stuff.
I think Lars has the better of the two. I love my El Chulo Sexy Box :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Solty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Fritz wrote:
mikesolt wrote:i had a discussion with Ferretdance.....i cannot stand the ACIDs....however i usta smoke Lars Tetens. http://www.larstetens.com/ Check em out!

Little tid bit, Acid broke off of Lars Teten. The guy who owns Acid was co-owner of Lars, and they had a disagreement and so he split. It was a hairy deal and included a lawsuit cause the Acid guy took multiple rollers and recipes with him. Fun stuff.
I think Lars has the better of the two. I love my El Chulo Sexy Box :)

Last time I had a LT....was circa 2003.....so its been a while...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby drevim » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 pm

www.cigarasylum.com is probably the most thorough cigar forum on the net.

I will refrain from discussing my cigar preferences due to OPEC (gov't) and some forums don't like the mention of products shipped from an island about 90 miles south of Miami. But they are good stuff.
drevim
Noob

Favorite Disc: Valk

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm

drevim wrote:http://www.cigarasylum.com is probably the most thorough cigar forum on the net.

I will refrain from discussing my cigar preferences due to OPEC (gov't) and some forums don't like the mention of products shipped from an island about 90 miles south of Miami. But they are good stuff.

LOL, I'm low on Cubans I need to get some more. I have 3 left from my world wide travels and gifts from associates.

Cubans are good, but I've had some dominicans that destroy cubans, not to mention some of the cigars from the Canary Islands.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

check your PM's fritz! urgent matter!
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:38 pm

black and milds........the wrapper part at least :mrgreen:
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby drevim » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 am

Fritz wrote:
drevim wrote:http://www.cigarasylum.com is probably the most thorough cigar forum on the net.

LOL, I'm low on Cubans I need to get some more. I have 3 left from my world wide travels and gifts from associates.

Cubans are good, but I've had some dominicans that destroy cubans, not to mention some of the cigars from the Canary Islands.

Don't know about destroy, but there are some damn good domestics. Tats for one. Doms just have turned into such a "see who can make the strongest cigar" thing, that it has lost a lot of focus to the more subtle flavors. Cubans with age are tough to beat, and when I can find cigars from the 70's/80's and forward there are some amazing things there.

The thing most people don't realize is that the prices compared to a handmade domestic (not the drugstore sticks), is comparable or cheaper, because of the taxes in most states.
drevim
Noob

Favorite Disc: Valk

Postby Fritz » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:17 am

drevim wrote:
Fritz wrote:

Cubans are good, but I've had some Dominicans that destroy Cubans, not to mention some of the cigars from the Canary Islands.

Don't know about destroy, but there are some damn good domestics. Tats for one. Doms just have turned into such a "see who can make the strongest cigar" thing, that it has lost a lot of focus to the more subtle flavors. Cubans with age are tough to beat, and when I can find cigars from the 70's/80's and forward there are some amazing things there.

The thing most people don't realize is that the prices compared to a handmade domestic (not the drugstore sticks), is comparable or cheaper, because of the taxes in most states.

Absolutely. I have a couple Cubans from and mid 90's hanging out in my humidor. You are totally right about Doms...They seem to be trying to compete with the Nic, and Ecu kick your ass with over powered stogies. What made the doms so good was that subtle hints and such. When I smoke a cigar I dont' want my ass kicked, I want some nice flavor and relaxation.

If you want a great affordable cigar, try the Leon Ninos from La Aurora. Very affordable and tasty.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby david » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am

Haven't really been into Dominicans for a while now. I prefer Nicaraguan tobacco as far as non-cubans is concerned, particularly those produced by Don Pepin Garcia.
david
Noob

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:48 pm

zj1002 wrote:i kind of feel like a pussy for smoking the Acid cigars but man are they tasty...

Let someone call me a pussy to my face for smoking an Acid cigar. :lol: I like 'em. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but they do it for my taste buds.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Anakha » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

I've been enjoying Nubs during rounds. And have been getting a great deal on the variety sample packs of 6 for $25! The box pressed Cameroons have been very tasty. A little kush, a can of cinnamon dulce and a Cameroon = delighted taste buds :mrgreen:

They also just put out Maduro Nubs, waiting to try them.
Anakha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm a few weeks from my 10th wedding anniversary. I've probably smoked five cigars during that time. Before that I was a Cigar aficionado wannabe. I used to like a brand called Montesino. It was made by Arturo Fuente but it was cheaper. I'm all about cheap. Montesino Diplomaticos, I think that was the smoke. I used to smoke the maduros to try to fit in with my Cigar-snob friends, but I liked the lighter smoke of the naturals. I also used to smoke a cigar from Fonseca, the 7-9-9. I have no idea what 7-9-9 means, but it sounds good. There was another Fonseca cigar, the Triangulares or something like that. It was expensive for the cigars I smoked, but I used to spring for them becasue it seemed to impress my Cigar-snob friends.

I have a big pile of rings from back in the day...El Ray Del Mundo, Arturo Fuente, Punch, Hoyo De Monterrey, The Griffin's, Don Tomas, Nat Sherman, H. Upmann. Some I don't remember. Evelio? Casa De Nicaragua? Free Cuba? Evidently I was also fond of a sweet smoke called Baccarat that I remember being cheap and the ash flying everywhere...kind of the Cigar-snob approved Swisher Sweets. :P

Anyway, now I wish I had a cigar. Thanks.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Solty » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm

www.cigarsintl.com go there..order :)
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby jeremy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Just finished a nice smooth Partagas 1845, now back to work :(
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:38 pm

I was enjoying a Partagas or two while I was on vacation a couple weeks back, nice cigar for the price.
This is unbelievable disc that acts like space ship. -lovetodg-

Wizard / Roc / Comet / Banshee / Eagle / OLF
BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.