Visiting Michigan

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:08 pm

I will be in the Kalamazoo area around the 4th of July.

Anyone like to recommend some amazing courses?
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby Mmyersdisc » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 am

I live in northern IN, and I heard good things about Oshtemo, and depending on what way your going I would stop in Three rivers (right off of 331 or 12 whatever its called) and stop at meyer broadway north and original course...(same plot of land just drive down the driveway and walk past the picnic shack to the first hole)....I would meet you up there but its about an hour drive for me to kalamazoo and im lazy :lol:
Mmyersdisc
Noob
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: Mishawaka IN
Favorite Disc: My Aviar!!

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby discndav » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Go about 20 miles east of Battle Creek,MI and play the course in Albion, you will not be disappointed.
discndav
Noob
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Philly

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:37 pm

discndav wrote:Go about 20 miles east of Battle Creek,MI and play the course in Albion, you will not be disappointed.


sounds like a plan. thanks for the tip on that one


any others? anyone?
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby sleepy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:26 pm

I've never played them, but I hear good things about Oshtemo, Kimball Pines, and the course in Albion. Also, many people hold the Flip City course as one of the best in the state...or anywhere. I'm not exactly sure of it's proximity to Kzoo or how easy it is to play on a given day since I believe it's a private course. Still, it's probably worth looking into.


sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

Image
PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby topcide » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm

flip city, you are looking at an hour and a half from k-zoo, you can play it any time even though it's private. If you can make it, go there. It's pretty amazing.
topcide
Noob
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:27 pm
Location: michigan

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:30 pm

topcide wrote:flip city, you are looking at an hour and a half from k-zoo, you can play it any time even though it's private. If you can make it, go there. It's pretty amazing.


i might actually make the trip up there, but if i don't ill be back shortly and will make the time for Flip City.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby Shaolintrained » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:27 pm

*name drop* Feldberg told me that anything around kalamazoo is not something to miss. Have a good time out there.
Trade list: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12798
"Music is my religion" -Jimi Hendrix
Shaolintrained
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Ninja Tree...Eugene Oregon
Favorite Disc: Beat DX Roc

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:34 am

Shaolintrained wrote:*name drop* Feldberg told me that anything around kalamazoo is not something to miss. Have a good time out there.


ok now i'm getting excited.....especially since i'll have the free time to actually play the courses in the area. i just hope some locals are around to show me the way :)
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby sleepy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Kalamazoo is also home to Bell's Brewery, the largest microbrew in Michigan. Their Eccentric Cafe has live music Thursday - Saturday and lots of specials on beer varieties that you can't get anywhere else. I highly recommend the Two Hearted Ale, the Porter, or Hopslam if it's on tap.

Man, I really need to get out to Kzoo... :P


sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

Image
PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

sleepy wrote:Kalamazoo is also home to Bell's Brewery, the largest microbrew in Michigan. Their Eccentric Cafe has live music Thursday - Saturday and lots of specials on beer varieties that you can't get anywhere else. I highly recommend the Two Hearted Ale, the Porter, or Hopslam if it's on tap.

Man, I really need to get out to Kzoo... :P


sleepy


i guess i'll have somewhere to go after a few rounds of disc :p thanks for the heads up on those two spots.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:53 pm

the countdown until thursday has begun :twisted:

i hope to meet up with some locals....maybe someone from the boards if possible
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby SkaBob » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Dunno if you're still out there or what, but if you are you OWE it to yourself to go a few horus north to Luddington and play the courses at the Luddington State Park right by the DTE Energy Generation Reservoir (and throw discs off the top of that sucker! woo!)

Nearby are also Leviathan and Flip City is about a half hour south (towards Kzoo).
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Detroit
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby x-out » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:02 pm

actually i'm already back home.

the trip was great, but i didn't get to venture out as far as i would have liked.

i hit up oshtemo, robert morris, begg park, and cold brook in my spare time.


michigan courses are pretty nice i must say, and i bet they only get better (ie flip city & leviathan). i love how if you travel an hour and a half in any direction there are about 20 quality courses.

i also got my second out of state ace @ robert morris :mrgreen:
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Re: Visiting Michigan

Postby SkaBob » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:42 am

It's great how many courses there are, here! We've got at least 6 new ones going in this year, too!
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 am
Location: Detroit
Favorite Disc: Comet

Next

Return to Courses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

cron