Charleston, WV

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Charleston, WV

Postby Jsw » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:31 am

Might be heading down to Charleston, WV(state capital) early next week.

Wondering if there were any good courses within a half hour or so of the city. A google search yielded a course in Hico, WV - but the stats on it make it seem like a pitch N putt(15 holes under 300').

Anybody help?
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Re: Charleston, WV

Postby jeremy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 pm

The best courses will be west of you in Huntington, and right out side of Huntington in Lavalette Johnny Sias has 2 great courses. Just west of Huntington is Ashland, Ky with 2 great courses. Fairmont, WV is a little further north of Charleston with 2 great courses. If you are going to go to Huntington or Ashland I can hook you up with a guide if needed.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Jsw » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:14 pm

The plans fell through for this week but I might plan a camp-and-play trip at the end of this summer with any luck.

I e-mailed Johnny Sias about his courses. Have you played them, Jeremy? Worth a 6 hour drive?

Thanks
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby jeremy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:08 am

I've played both. They are very fun courses that are extremely challenging you better be in shape. You better be in shape. I don't know if worth a 6 hr drive, but I would say if you played Johnny's courses, Blue Course in Ashland, Ky, and the 2 courses at Rotary Park in Huntington you would definately get your monies worth. The Huntington Disc Golf Club are a bunch of great people also.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Return to Courses