Champion Duo Dry shirts

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Champion Duo Dry shirts

Postby Donkeypuncher » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:15 pm

I stopped by target today to get some shirts for this 100+ degree weather we've been dealing with. Just wondering if anyone has tried them on the course yet. I've been using cotton white T's only, but after nearly passing out a few times I decided to try some of these champion shirts.

They claim it is "Lightweight wicking fabric to help keep you cool and dry" on the tags. I wore one today in the car with no A/C and so far I'm not sweating near as much from my armpits or forehead.

I'll be testing them on the course tomorrow, should be 100+ again which is perfect for a test comparison. They were $10 at target, but I had to get a XL as opposed to a L that I usually wear.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Champion Duo Dry shirts

Postby curt » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 pm

I have a couple of those shirts, and so far they have been working wonderfully. While they help keep you cool, they're no magic solution, definitely still need plenty of water, sunscreen, and some breaks.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Donkeypuncher » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:11 pm

That's actually what I wanted to hear. I drink plenty of water/gatorade before and during the round, and I find shade to take a short break to cool off. With the cotton T's I was showing signs of heat exhaustion by the end of the round. After reading up on the subject, I found that cotton shirts don't breathe well or allow your sweat to evaporate properly. If your sweat can't evaporate it leads to overheating, especially when a cotton shirt absorbs all the sweat and never dries out.

I also grabbed a mesh hat for better cooling, my cowboys hat just traps heat and makes me dizzy throughout the round.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby curt » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 pm

In that case, you will definitely be very happy with your purchase. Target is a great place for cheap hi-tech material (they even have collared ones for a good price) B/t them and target I can usually find something on sale.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby jeremy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 am

I picked up some of the Champion Winter gear long sleeve Tee's this past winter. I'm really satisfied with them. I also have some Under Armour Winter Gear and will save my money and stay with the Champion's as long as I can keep finding the XL's. Most sizes I've seen at Target are SM which is great for the wife, but not for me.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby Donkeypuncher » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm

After playing 4 rounds in 100+ degree weather I have to say these shirts kick ass. I didn't overheat at all, it was really a night an day difference. Even soaking wet these shirts are cool to the touch and really cool you down. I think the vented mesh hat helped as well, plus it has a picture of baby chickens next to a horseshoe magnet, or chick magnet if you will.

This will now be my official DG clothes until winter hits around january, yeah that's right winter hits a little late down here.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jaysus » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:55 am

I have a couple champion brand tech shirts - they work as well as any of the others I have.

(plus the red ones are lucky!!)
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jackrew » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 am

oh wow
def. a crazy deal....... :roll: :|
jackrew
Noob

Favorite Disc: dssdf

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear