I heart Sabattus

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I heart Sabattus

Postby gratefuldisc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Sabattus Maine. Best course I have played.

45 holes of awesomeness, mixed terrain from tight woods with elevation changes to a winding stream and ponds that come in to play repeatedly to wide open grassy fields that are mowed like ball golf fairways. 15 foot tall water fountain shaped like a basket. They even have a small nine hole pitch and putt that is geared towards families and kids.

I found it on vacation in western Maine last year and I just got back from playing it again. As a bonus, they had my beat kc roc in the L&F that I lost last year.
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: I heart Sabattus

Postby discndav » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:49 am

I agree, Sabattus is GREAT!!! I stopped there in Oct 2006 and rate it the best DG facility I have ever seen and I've played 220+ courses in 28 states so far. Sabattus, Flip City, Warwick, Idlewild and Waterworks are in my top 5.
discndav
Noob

Postby beatz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Sabattus is nice but, not good to the locals.

There are alot other courses here in Maine that may not have the appeal but are equally challenging and much more fun to play.
http://www.gdstour.com/index.php
http://www.utopiadiscgolf.com
code: "beatz"
recieve 5% off your order
Grow the sport!!!! Support those that support us!!!!!!
beatz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: anything gateway

Postby Banzai » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:17 am

beatz wrote: not good to the locals.

meaning what?

Sabbattus is one of my all time favorites. Awesome variety, tons of work put into the land. Real clean and family friendly. This kind of stuff is what the sport needs.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:42 am

They're nice but they are kinda in the middle of no where. Although thats pretty typical of our good courses up here in Maine. If you liked them I would highly recommend Limerick as well. Beatz has strings to anything Enman so don't trust him :wink:

Limerick tends to be one of the treasured clubs in southern Maine. VERY well tended, GREAT disc shop, awesome people, and two really fun courses.

If anyone wants a guide to any of the southern Maine courses, or someone to play with send me a PM. I'd be happy to show someone around.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby beatz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Jeronimo wrote:They're nice but they are kinda in the middle of no where. Although thats pretty typical of our good courses up here in Maine. If you liked them I would highly recommend Limerick as well. Beatz has strings to anything Enman so don't trust him :wink:

Limerick tends to be one of the treasured clubs in southern Maine. VERY well tended, GREAT disc shop, awesome people, and two really fun courses.

If anyone wants a guide to any of the southern Maine courses, or someone to play with send me a PM. I'd be happy to show someone around.

I have strings to alot of course owners in maine and outside of maine. My dislike for sabattus is not just me, there is serious distain from alot of players here in maine for sabat. I have said it more then once The courses themselves are AMAZING.

Sadly when you are harassed while playing a round it tends to suck. Im on the oppisite side of the spectrum, I got into disc golf to basically sober up, and when you are treated like you are doing something wrong while on the course it royally sucks.

I do have to say sabat was great as i just started playing as its only 10-15 mins from my house, and when it first showed up a slew of great players were there and it helped me alot.

I also know alot of other stories you may not know Jeronimo.
http://www.gdstour.com/index.php
http://www.utopiadiscgolf.com
code: "beatz"
recieve 5% off your order
Grow the sport!!!! Support those that support us!!!!!!
beatz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: anything gateway

Return to Courses