x cyclones

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

x cyclones

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:32 pm

Is there anyone that has been playing awhile that still uses cyclones? It seems like my x cyclones are more overstable than some I had years ago like in '97.

I know one very obvious reason is that I'm remembering my broken in regular plastics and I haven't beat up my x enough. Or do y'all feel the x is a little more overstable?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:10 pm

Ive found cyclones vary the most by plastic more than anything (discraft even rates them this way (D-0, X +1, Z +1.5) If you used to throw basic plastic they probably were less stable.

Side note, I perfer X cyclones at about 168, they wear to just right for a while.
I definately need a new one, hit my first ace of 2006 with my X today, (and probably hit a tree or two today also) now its turning more than before :-(
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:13 pm

the x is a lot faster and more overstable, less glide. less able to make it "work"
than the older clones or d clones. the first d clones were flat and fly more like the flippier dga flatheads, but the current d plastic has them domier and a little more like the originals.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 pm

Blake_T wrote:the x is a lot faster and more overstable, less glide. less able to make it "work"
than the older clones or d clones. the first d clones were flat and fly more like the flippier dga flatheads, but the current d plastic has them domier and a little more like the originals.

Finally, someone that agrees with me. I noticed that these were domier than my old cyclones. Should I give the new d clones a try then?

One pleasant surprise are the x trackers which remind me of my nicely beat cyclones. The tracker may be faster, but the flight path reminds me of my old school clones.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment