getting blitzed and seeing slitz is a pass-time of mine. :lol:
Stalker-Gazelle-Gator-Demon-Sinus AP-Spike-VP
billnchristy
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sinus AP

Re: Trident from Latitude 64°

Postby keltik » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

reminds me of an old joke:

what's the difference between a strip tease and a trapeze act?

one is a cunning display of stunts

but seriously wtf is this Slitz/Blitz???
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:02 pm

keltik wrote:but seriously wtf is this Slitz/Blitz???

I'll tell you in a few days when mine gets here :)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby RS39 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:11 pm

keltik wrote:reminds me of an old joke:

what's the difference between a strip tease and a trapeze act?

one is a cunning display of stunts

but seriously wtf is this Slitz/Blitz???

http://www.discsport.se/shopping/index.php?id=1052
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby keltik » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:47 pm

:shock: wtf is that????? :shock: it looks like Devilhawk with a modified Leopard bottom :lol:
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby RoomTenONine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:59 pm

In the stamp's lettering you can see where they modified the S in the design to a B. Pretty funny. Reminds me of a Slayer shirt.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Sanny Q-Sentinel

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 pm

RoomTenONine wrote:In the stamp's lettering you can see where they modified the S in the design to a B. Pretty funny. Reminds me of a Slayer shirt.

i was wondering why this stamp stuck out as crappy, i knew it was the B that was the problem but didnt realize the full extent......the slitz stamp would have been kinda cool though but also would have been the worst disc name ever
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Latitude 64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 am

Unfortanely we stamped the discs before we called our US friends to check the name. Depending on were you live in the states the first name caused some problems... :oops: So.... we had to re-stamp them again with a small change. Second run will have a new stamp!

Great disc though :wink:
Latitude 64
sweet ass swede

Postby marmoset » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:11 am

To avoid costly complications like this in the future, I am altruistically offering my services to you. If you send me future prototypes I will evaluate their relevance in the US market and give you immediate and insightful feedback. PM me for an address!
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby RoomTenONine » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 am

Latitude 64 wrote:Unfortanely we stamped the discs before we called our US friends to check the name. Depending on were you live in the states the first name caused some problems... :oops: So.... we had to re-stamp them again with a small change. Second run will have a new stamp!

Don't be embarrassed. It is just funny. I'm sure the disc is awesome. I know several of us here would be glad to test out some protos to assure there are no future international faux pas!
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:26 am

marmoset wrote:To avoid costly complications like this in the future, I am altruistically offering my services to you. If you send me future prototypes I will evaluate their relevance in the US market and give you immediate and insightful feedback. PM me for an address!

He's a comet thrower, pick me instead!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Latitude 64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:28 pm

RoomTenONine wrote:
Latitude 64 wrote:Unfortanely we stamped the discs before we called our US friends to check the name. Depending on were you live in the states the first name caused some problems... :oops: So.... we had to re-stamp them again with a small change. Second run will have a new stamp!

Don't be embarrassed. It is just funny. I'm sure the disc is awesome. I know several of us here would be glad to test out some protos to assure there are no future international faux pas!

We rarely have any protos, I think we changed one disc from a test run to the production run and that was the Riot. All other has come out like we wanted them to be. (eh... maybe not Primitus and Premiere edition Medius) But that was long ago...

Of course do we make test runs, but with 1041 rated player like Jesper, +580ft drives Linus Åström and with the skill we have in the company, can we test the discs quite good to see if we got what we wanted or not.
Making good and stable runs is actually the hardest part, not the design of the mold... (maybe i´ve been lucky so far :D )

Finding a good name can also be quite hard, especially when you sell them over the world. Some words can be really nasty in other languages :shock: About Slitz we choosed it for the "slit" it has in the rim and maybe also because it was easier to make a print of it. We knew it could be close to something else but hey, we are swedes :lol: :oops:

I hope you like it anyway! I feel very comfortable driving a low hard straight shot with it, it feels rock solid in the air. Today I average a distance of 430ft with my drives but it flies good for people with more armspeed than that. As you might know, give it to a pumped power grip, no spin, of axis guy and he probably gets it to flip... sigh. I never seen it happen though :)
Latitude 64
sweet ass swede

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Latitude 64 wrote:Finding a good name can also be quite hard, especially when you sell them over the world.

you should totally let DGR choose a name. not to boast but we hand in some striker sales :D
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby RoomTenONine » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:39 am

So what does everyone think about the Trident now that you've tossed them? I do like mine, but haven't been able to get some real serious field time with it (rain, rain, rain since mine has arrived). I've put about 15 pulls on it in the meadow.

tumpsi wrote:Got my hands on a few Tridents. Didn't toss them, but they looked pretty beefy. Max-like fat nose, but with a domeyish top. The rim was smaller, and of course concave, too.

Oh and tumpsi, mine are table top flat. So is my XXX I just picked up.
RoomTenONine
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 pm

keltik wrote:oh and here is something scintillating i found reading the tech standards......the striker is almost identical to the.....AVENGER-SS.....okay before you guys have a melt down the difference is the height.....the A-SS is 0.2cm taller than the striker and the rim configuration (wetf that is) is a difference of 0.25.....but yeah it seems we've all fallen in love with an Avenger-SS......priceless

but then again i'm not a 990 rated player

Avenger-SS is a good disc for flipping flat...I always keep an ESP mold in my bag. While I can get it to do just about anything backhand but never had much luck throwing it forehand.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this makes me want to try the Striker or not...is the plastic as nice as ESP?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment