Discraft Spectra

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discraft Spectra

Postby Solty » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:07 pm

Anyone have any information on this disc? got one coming thanks to the wife and cannot find out much information about it.

thankx

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Blake_T » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:43 pm

my ratings:

RNG: 5
HSS: -2
LSS: +2.5
PWR: 4

flight path is similar to a mid-weight dx valk/dx viking or elite x xs... it is VERY easy to throw and flies well with little power on it. a lot of glide and fast penetration.

is quite high speed understable. definite hyzer flip disc if you have more than 325' of power. will flatten/turn from a hyzer without having to force it over. dome height and understability do not make it a good head/cross wind disc.

great roller/turnover disc for bigger throwers.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:54 am

I was going to ask about the spectra. I have a very nice tan one, but I hesitate to throw it. How similar is it to say a slipstream (which I really like by the way).

If I am throwing trackers, slipstreams, and avengers (with an occasional cyclone), is there overlap if I were to add my spectra to my bag?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:11 pm

i haven't thrown a slipstream.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:06 pm

The best use ive found for the spectra is monster distance downwind. It has tremendous glide for a faster driver. and is understable just enough to carry long on downwind. no wind it is hard to control in any style other than hyzer flip, but isnt as consistant to my nicely worn x cyclone on that line. Its not consistant enough for me on anhyzer lines either.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:The best use ive found for the spectra is monster distance downwind. It has tremendous glide for a faster driver. and is understable just enough to carry long on downwind. no wind it is hard to control in any style other than hyzer flip, but isnt as consistant to my nicely worn x cyclone on that line. Its not consistant enough for me on anhyzer lines either.

I still haven't thrown mine; it may turn into a wallhanger.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

spectra

Postby twmccoy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:11 pm

I've been throwing a 172g Spectra a bit. Here are my observations: Extremely fast, fairly understable-kinda like a champ valk. All the times I've thrown it were in windy condtions, so I don't know what it does in calm conditions. BTW, it seems to outfly every other disc on downwind shots. I don't really like the full color painting either since it makes the disc hard to find. Weaker arms will love the spectra though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

spectra

Postby twmccoy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:02 pm

Threw this disc some more today (finally calm conditions) This disc is for real. If you get it flat it will outfly anything out there including the wraith. IMO everybody should tote one of these around for huge drives in calm conditions. The paint on the top makes them a bit hard to find though. BTW, this disc is awesome for tailwinds but don't even think about tossing it into a headwind.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment