Would you like to see/own a discgolfreview mini?

Comments, Questions, Requests, or Suggestions relating to discgolfreview.com

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Would you buy a DGR Logo Mini?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:10 pm

Yes, I'd buy a few
29%
Yes, I'd buy one
43%
No
29%

Total votes : 7

Postby OldTyme » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:48 am

DGR GLOW WIZARDS!

Yay. I'd buy 2 w/ a side of fries to go please.
OldTyme
Tree Magnet

Postby some call me...tim? » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:26 am

I agree with the Wizard idea. I'd probably buy a mini, but it's nothing I'd get too excited about. I mean, I've got 4 minis now, and I hardly ever use any of them. A Wizard on the other hand...well, I've only got two of those, but use them all the time. I think people would be more motivated to buy something that they'll actually use--especially a Wizard of all things. If not Wizards, I'd say Rocs would be a good bet too.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:41 pm

heh. if there were any custom discs i would probably have to take a pre-order and cover at least half the batch before i would consider doing it.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby eg37167 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:44 pm

I think we need to check the interest level on running some custom discs with the DGR logo. I bet you could easily make some dough to cover costs of the site...
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby jmammo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Ya Blake if you made custom DGR logos and got them stamped on some popular disc's that would be kick ass! I would be in for a mini and a couple wizards. As for teeshirts why not I would buy one or two. I say go for it man the profit out-weights the risks.
Jack
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby domromer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 pm

I'd be down for a disc and a t-shirt, long as they look cool. (t-bird or Wizard)

Not really too keen on a mini. I have no use for them.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby garublador » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:48 am

When I ordered custom stamped discs from Gateway last spring, they quoted me $350 for 50 S plastic discs. If you sold them as "DGR Fundraiser" discs and made them $12/disc, you'd only need to sell 30 of them to break even. At the risk of insulting everyone's math skills, at $10/disc you'd need to sell 35. For mini's, they quoted me at $2/mini with a minimum order of $100. If you did that, you could then use that same, small custom stamp for as many regular discs as you want, but at "regular" price. If you sold them for $5/mini (seems steep to me) then you'd need 20 orders and at $3/ mini you'd need 34. You'd have to jack up the price on the regular discs to make money on them. Again, this is what I was quoted from Dave last spring, so I'm not sure if that's how it works anymore.

There seems to be some interest on here but I know from experience (no offence to anyone on here) that in situations like this, not everyone who shows interest is wiling to fork over the money. Either way, I'll bet it would be easier to sell 30-35 Wizards than 20-35 minis, assuming you can get the weights people want, but it would be some work either way.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby OldTyme » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:53 am

Check out the big brain on Brad.... :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. But you have a great point.

I don't think I'd buy any mini's unless they were glow.

I'd pre-pay for 2 glow Wizards w/ the DGR stamp. One to throw & one to hang.

Oh. Did I mention. DGR GLOW WIZARDS :!: :!: :!:
OldTyme
Tree Magnet

Postby swel304 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:18 am

thats not too bad. i would guess that at least 30 of us would pre order. I think another cool idea would be to print out a small booklet containing stuff like the disc selection guide, training articles, and maybe a few pages of throw analysis stills combined with some commentary (maybe the years top 10 players or something). So we could have one to carry in our bag for quick refrence on the course. I would think the booklets would be relativly cheap to print and the info worth at least 5$ added onto the disc order, that would help offset costs or even generate a nice profit if you could get a good price on the booklet prints. Myself, I would pay 20$+shipping for the disc+guide, if for no other reason but to support Blake and his great site. Aside from money, think of all the new traffic the discs and booklets would generate once they are out on the courses.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby K-Dog 19 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:00 pm

Great idea! :mrgreen: Sign me up for two minis.
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby thrillcaptain » Tue May 15, 2007 11:29 pm

Personally, I'd buy two of anything DGR to support the site, but I'd MUCH rather it be a disc than a mini. T-shirt would be uber-sweet too.
"Four people..... FOUR! All standing around a stroller with baby in tow. You shank a disc towards them, yell 'FORE!' as loud as you possibly can, and what do they do? They duck. That poor kid."
thrillcaptain
Noob

Postby Fritz » Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 am

Dude! I want a mini and a sticker. I'm always pimping this site.
I want a sponsorship too.
*hinthint* lol :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Drew » Wed May 16, 2007 12:11 pm

any disc or mini w/ a dgr logo would be sweet :P
http://www.lionsgatekennels.com

Youtube sight for the Ultimate Disc Golf Show. Full website under construction featuring: interviews, tournament videos, instructional videos, discs for sale.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UDGS
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Wed May 16, 2007 12:43 pm

wizard/roc/teebird or a mini and id be buying
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby black udder » Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 pm

I'd be happy to take a few mini's and use them as prizes for local monthly tournaments. A great way to pimp the site and not too heavy on the wallet.

For a throwing disc, I'd prefer the logo on the front page of the guy throwing... just my 2 cents though.

Either way, I'm not opposed to helping with the site.

Wow, what about a "how-to" dvd? I'll bet that could generate some cash? (wink wink)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

PreviousNext

Return to Website Comments