usdgc 2004 dvd: "champions"

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

usdgc 2004 dvd: "champions"

Postby presidio hills » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:20 pm

blake,

i didn't see a place for me to post a warning to other people that this dvd is a waste of money. very VERY little actual footage... and when there is the camera work is crap (though, they're using nice cameras). some of the interviews are interesting... some aren't. overall there just isn't much there.

i just ordered the two marshall street disc golf dvds based on your reviews... and the fact there's 4 hours of footage on each one :) i can't wait to see a real disc golf dvd.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mark Brunner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:39 pm

marshall street 05 is great, and 05 worlds is great too (mostly open and womens division, the others are somewhat boring if your not into that)
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm

i think w/ the champions dvd people didn't know what they were getting.

it is really the first video of its kind, but i believe people were expecting footage. it did have a lower msrp than most dg videos though, which i believe is a good thing.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Mark Brunner » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:27 pm

The video is good for what it is, I have seen similar videos for different sports and have enjoyed most of them. This one could have done with a bit more footage for sure as I feel there is not enough footage out there of this great event!

I would also like to see some of these videos focus more on the earlier Worlds rounds of lead cards since great players that are up on top early on do not get enough recognition!
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion