The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Roc lovers???

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:09 pm

What is the best dome shape for a roc? I prefer those that start sloping up from the edge of the wing but then flatten out about 1.5" in. Why don't they make them all like that?
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:26 pm

the invisible tree wrote:What is the best dome shape for a roc? I prefer those that start sloping up from the edge of the wing but then flatten out about 1.5" in. Why don't they make them all like that?

you answered you own question, my favorite Rocs are usually just like you described
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Would you go?

1. Slightly domed then flat
2. slight consistent dome
3. completely flat
4. domey
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:38 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
completely flat would be at the dead bottom of my list (ching rocs are poop) and after looking at my favorite couple of rocs the ideal shape for me is slight consistent dome i guess, slight dome then flat would be second, pop top third (they are not all that bad IMO) and ching DFL
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Jester_da1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
completely flat would be at the dead bottom of my list (ching rocs are poop) and after looking at my favorite couple of rocs the ideal shape for me is slight consistent dome i guess, slight dome then flat would be second, pop top third (they are not all that bad IMO) and ching DFL

Come on, Ching Rocs you can crank over and you know they are coming back!! They don't have the glide but man the are reliable. If I had to only pick one Roc though it would be the ones with slight dome and then flat. That is the great thing about Rocs....They are cheap (DX), sexy, stable and straight....the same things I look for in a woman!
Jester_da1
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Jester_da1 wrote:

Come on, Ching Rocs you can crank over and you know they are coming back!! They don't have the glide but man the are reliable. If I had to only pick one Roc though it would be the ones with slight dome and then flat. That is the great thing about Rocs....They are cheap (DX), sexy, stable and straight....the same things I look for in a woman!

no glide,too fast,loses all stability at one time = the worst Roc EVAR (maybe a tie with super Rocs)
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby cmlasley » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm

I've had a lot of pop-tops that have turned into slight dome then flat with wear.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby elnino » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Anyone have a history of the Roc? as in which molds/materials have been around for a time or if they are even still available...im new so ive only throw Ranchos.
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby curt » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Here's a good place to start: http://www.seeroccity.com/lobby.cgi
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Banzai » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am

Best rocs have a medium consistent dome. I like my rocs to beat in to be GLIDEY. So lower weights (~175) and some dome are a must. If I need beefy, I go with max weight KC Rocs.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby domromer » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 am

All this roc talk has had me trying them out on holes I'd never really used them on before. I've got two more holes at my local course that have now been labeled roc holes.
pretty soon I'm going to have a bag of nothing but mids and putters.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby bcsst26 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:01 am

domromer wrote:All this roc talk has had me trying them out on holes I'd never really used them on before. I've got two more holes at my local course that have now been labeled roc holes.
pretty soon I'm going to have a bag of nothing but mids and putters.

Yeah I am getting there too. I now carry 3 rocs and 3 wizards with me and when I first started I carried only one of each. Strange how technique changes the discs you carry.
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Postby Working Stiff » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 am

Can I post on a Roc lovers thread if my favorite Roc is the Ontario? Or is this strictly Rancho Roc love?
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby mattw » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:05 am

Working Stiff wrote:Can I post on a Roc lovers thread if my favorite Roc is the Ontario? Or is this strictly Rancho Roc love?

I would like to hear what you have to say about the Ontario. I just got 2 dx Ontarios in the mail. I heard that they can be used as a turnover roc until you beat in a rancho. I have not had a chance to try them out yet.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:09 am

Working Stiff wrote:Can I post on a Roc lovers thread if my favorite Roc is the Ontario? Or is this strictly Rancho Roc love?

:wink: Stiff, you can post here even if you still throw Comets
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment