4.5 volt 1.5 amp power adapter

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

4.5 volt 1.5 amp power adapter

Postby swel304 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:41 pm

I am looking for a power adapter for my belkin wireless router. it needs to have output of 4.5 volt 1.5 amps. If anyone has one that may work let me know. we can trade or cash.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Solty » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:48 pm

radio shack has universal adapters. I'd try there if no luck here...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby garublador » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:03 pm

Music stores that sell electric guitars sometimes have those things, too. Just make sure you check the polarity to make sure it matches what your router is expecting. There should be a diagram somewhere, either in the manual or on the unit itself, that shows that for you. It's to make sure the positive and negative leads (in this case, the inside and outside of the part that plugs into your router) are in the right places. You wouldn't want the router to be expecting ground to be on the outside and have the power supply putting 4.5v there instead. Many of the generic adapters will come with both types of plugs, so you can swap them out if needed.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby swel304 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:25 pm

yes radio shack sells them but at 30$+ tax I would be better off buying a new router.

There should be a diagram somewhere, either in the manual or on the unit itself

In most cases its right above the power input on the device. this one doesnt have the diagram and I dont have the manual as I got it for 5$ off ebay. Most devices are the same polarity, the only things I can think of off the top of my head that are backwards are the sega genesis and an old keyboard I have :lol:

anyway I just want this thing to play my psp on. so if anyone has an adapter that may work or just an old wireless router they dont need anymore, just let me know and we can work out a trade.

p.s. when your looking at adapters the output should be listed as 4.5 v 1.5 A or it may be listed as 1500 mA. Im guessing there are probly some cordless phone bases that work off similar specs.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade