Innova Star line

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Mark Brunner » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:29 pm

I would not say its that similar to the Z plastic you refer to but I do agree with the comments that it feels much like the E plastic from gateway.
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:51 pm

garublador wrote:I haven't held the STAR plastic yet, but from the descriptions it sounds like some of the Gateway E plastic, or the Z plastic they use for some Z Talons and Z Storms.

Are you talking about the opaque Z plastic? Ive found that it has very little more grip than regular Z plastic.

The Star Plastic has grip very similar to Pro, or most simiar to KC Pro.

I dont really have any issues with grip with any kind of plastic, champ/z can get tricky if they get dusty, but thats easy to fix. I would be more excited if the Starline plastic had more glide than Champ, yet similar durability.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:22 am

Warning: If your hands get oily then the star plastic will become slick as hell. If your hands just sweat a lot though, this stuff is money in terms of grip and firmness (the pro plastic is too damn floppy)
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 am

the z talon I have is dark orange. When I got it, I thought it was discraft's version of pro plastic (other than it was stamped elite z). That talon became a straight flyer quick. It seemed LESS durable than my other elite z discs, yet I did like it's feel and flight characteristics.

Incidentally, that z talon and my new x trackers fly almost identically.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment