Keen on Keens?

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Keen on Keens?

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 am

Hah, nice. Milo is the course where the Beaver State Fling is held.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jaysus » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 am

<-- Totally super excited!

thecoyotekitchen wrote:Just got word from Keen that the "Milo" will be released November 2009. This shoe was developed by a team of disc golfers from Keen for disc golf. I am looking forward to this! Hopefully it won't suck!
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mpalcic » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:25 pm

i have sold keens for the past 7 years and i have gotten nothing but compliments and good feedback. Played golf in a pair once and it felt so good. otherwise i use northface hiking shoes. they work pretty well if you get the right kind. i would def. suggest the targhee for a shoe and the newport for a sandal. that and just pick up a pair for work. u'll never want to wear anything else i swear.
HOT PROPERTY!
mpalcic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wooden stick

Postby tumpsi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 am

Avery has switched from Salomon to Keen, I see.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 am

domromer wrote:I had a pair of Keens and the rubber of the sole started to separate from leather upper the first week. By the time I got that back to REi a month later they were flopping all over the place. I tried to shoe goo them but the gaps were too big to hold. I ended up getting another pair of merrels. The keens were nice and comfy. i've just never had shoes self destruct like that.

i had almost this identical experience......mine came unglued in one week and i took them directly back to REI in one week....i want to be a fan of keens because they are comfy on my 2E feet (yes it is an odd width)......but they will have to make a better boot for me to come back
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 am

Keens are great, I would always consider them when purchasing new shoes and I have purchased them several times now. Never had an issue with quality, however the Tarhgee never really "clicked" with me.

For those looking for something else that's nice and wide, quite comfy and very durable, try these:

http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx ... Riva+eVent

I like them alot.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby tumpsi » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 am

tumpsi wrote:Avery has switched from Salomon to Keen, I see.

and Borg seemed to wear Keens also, with Team Salomon patches in his bag.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mike C » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:26 am

My jaspers are still holding up great. I work, golf and run around in the woods in them and my feet are loving it. A lot more comfortable than the vans slip ons I used to wear all the time. Was considering buying a second pair for backup but I might wait to see how the Milo looks.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 am

anyone tried the keen sandals, with the rubber toe covering? they look pretty supportive but i wonder if you would be robbed of power with them
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby dgdave » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:13 am

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw0 ... e!gargoyle

here is the new shoes designed for DG. Only available in 7.5 right now, Order up Furthur :) I was going to get some if it wasn't for that fact. Its about time for some new kicks and I like the look of these.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jnecessary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:16 am

dgdave wrote:http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw09/shoes/men/trailhead/milo/drizzle!gargoyle

here is the new shoes designed for DG. Only available in 7.5 right now, Order up Furthur :) I was going to get some if it wasn't for that fact. Its about time for some new kicks and I like the look of these.

I will be getting a pair when 11.5s pop up. 1) it is a shoe designed for DG and I want to support that, 2) I've wanted to try some keens as I've heard the Keen Dry is as good or better than goretex and my merrel chameleons are leaking now.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Timko » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 am

dgdave wrote:http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw09/shoes/men/trailhead/milo/drizzle!gargoyle

I found out I was wearing too small a shoe recently. So I need 8.5 probably. I have a narrow foot, so most shoes don't really fit me. It's also why Salomons fit me so well.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:27 pm

jnecessary wrote:

I will be getting a pair when 11.5s pop up. 1) it is a shoe designed for DG and I want to support that, 2) I've wanted to try some keens as I've heard the Keen Dry is as good or better than goretex and my merrel chameleons are leaking now.

Prepare yourself for sweaty feet. The milo looks like its built off the premise of the Waypoint and the Shellrock (to which I own both) and while I really like them both I could nit pick a couple things. The sole of these style keens tend to make my feet very warm, I don't know why but it does. The bottom of my feet sweat more in this shoe than any other I have. The toebox doesn't have a lot of vertical toe room either. Which is not a deal wrecker but a bit of a nuisance. Finally, the keendry will absolutely keep your feet dry from outside water, but they don't breathe any better than Gore-Tex. Personally I think the keen dry stays waterproof longer too, but that's just from my experience. My shellrocks still don't leak a year later.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jaysus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm

there seem to be a handful of sizes available now, random sizes, but more then 7.5
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby colombo117 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am

Yeah I got a pair of shellrocks back in July and they are still in perfect condition. Mine look higher than the ones on there website http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss09/shoes/men/trailhead/shellrock%20%20wp/black!%20olympian%20blue
I think mine are mids not ankle height. Anyway, like Jeronimo said they keep your feet dry but if I am not wearing smartwool socks they get sweaty. I have a pair of chacos I wear in the hot summer now and use the shellrocks for spring and fall.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear