Justin Trails Open

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Justin Trails Open

Postby jnecessary » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 pm

www.justintrails.com

this place looks sweeeeet! I am sending in my registration on Monday. Gonna be camping up there, anyone from the boards going?
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Justin Trails Open

Postby Roy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:19 pm

I didnt know about the tourny, but I've played there before. It's nice. It's pretty open, Lot's of hills. It's weird as it's a bed and breakfast too. Some nice older lady came out and we paid here before playing. There was some guests eating breakfast. I guess that's what happens at a bed and breakfast :lol:

They have some dogs that you could take with you on the round if you want.

It's like a mix between a pay to play course and grandmas house. Pretty cool little place.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby jnecessary » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:45 pm

man the tournament thread does not get much love

bump in disguise
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby brentwood17 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:01 pm

I am so excited for this one. Anyone on the fence about playing this one, go play. 3 rounds of disc golf on so of the most beautiful land you will ever throw a disc across. Pro/Advanced get to play the Big Brother course twice. No pictures can capture the length, the elevation changes, the great tee placements, and great pin placements making you shoot controlled uphill drive to next hole throwing all you got across a hill to a basket across the valley.This place is an awesome toureny setting. Classic is a fun disc golf course there is the hole go after your duece. Big Brother is the exact opposite wheres the basket and how do I get there. Thinking mans golf. Can't wait to see any of you at the tourney.

The weather looks to be gorgeous.

Brent Aschenbrenner
PDGA 30040
Brent Aschenbrenner
PDGA#30040
Wausau Area Disc Golf Enthusiasts http://www.wadgedisc.com
brentwood17
Noob

Favorite Disc: WRAITH

Postby jnecessary » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

I'll be there, looks like early Friday morning to get a round in at each course because we have never been there. I bought a tent, but now my bud who is driving up wants to get a hotel to split 3 ways...

Now that the 40+% chance of rain has turned into 10% and awesome temps I'm wishing I was camping, still an option as I prepaid for a campsite

Gonna be a great weekend either way
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby brentwood17 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:32 am

As I said on my other post classic is a pretty straight forward course. I would spend as much time as I could scouting out where you want to throw on Big Brother, and just as important where you don't want to throw and the devestating outcomes if you do. You are playing Big Brother twice get your time in their. Check out www.dgcoursereview.com the pics of Big Brother do not help all that much. The pics of Classic gives you an idea of what your in for on that course. Hope to play in a group with you one of the 3 rounds.

Good luck to all heading over/down/up to this one.

Brent Aschenbrenner
PDGA 30040
Brent Aschenbrenner
PDGA#30040
Wausau Area Disc Golf Enthusiasts http://www.wadgedisc.com
brentwood17
Noob

Favorite Disc: WRAITH

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am

Wow! What a great tournament, I had the joy of playing in 3 different groups and they were all excellent people and players to hit the course with.

Thanks Brent for finding me out there, was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and I hope to run into you again at the latest at next years tourney at Standing Rocks!

* I also had my best tournament round yet out there on the shorter course with an 8 down 46. Rated 996, and the only putt I missed all day was a routine drop in from about 7 feet! That dinker would have put me over 1k for the round...saves a bit of money cause there will be a party when I finally post a 1000 rated round.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JimW » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:36 pm

jnecessary wrote:the only putt I missed all day was a routine drop in from about 7 feet!

At the last tournament I played in a guy missed a one foot putt.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Return to Tournaments