Daredevil Discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Daredevil Discs

Postby mzuleger » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 pm

I might consider buying one of these discs if the stamp didn't make them look like they came out of a cereal box.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:28 pm

:? I always thought that Daredevil stamps were some of the most stylish all of DG
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Jeronimo wrote:
Working Stiff wrote:There is a rumor I can neither confirm or deny that the Wolverine, Timberwolf and Swift Fox are all the same mold in different plastics a la the old Gateway trick of calling a Wizard in H a Chief and passing it off as a different disc. That they measure differently is a result of how the different plastics cool, but supposedly it is the same mold. The Beaver, Polar Bear and Woodchuck are also supposed to be the same mold. Using this logic, the as of now unreleased Moose and Grizzly would simply be a Caribou in different plastic.

You just blew my mind. Like, seriously.

I'm going to inspect them for similarities when I get home.
I'd like to know as well. A bead or notch or something obvious that could not be accounted for with a plastic change would put the rumor to bed. One being slightly smaller or domier could juat be the result of how different plastic cool.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby mzuleger » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote::? I always thought that Daredevil stamps were some of the most stylish all of DG

well, you're wrong :wink:
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 pm

mzuleger wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote::? I always thought that Daredevil stamps were some of the most stylish all of DG

well, you're wrong :wink:

i guess you can have your opinion and i can just be right
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby dgdave » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Working Stiff wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
Working Stiff wrote:There is a rumor I can neither confirm or deny that the Wolverine, Timberwolf and Swift Fox are all the same mold in different plastics a la the old Gateway trick of calling a Wizard in H a Chief and passing it off as a different disc. That they measure differently is a result of how the different plastics cool, but supposedly it is the same mold. The Beaver, Polar Bear and Woodchuck are also supposed to be the same mold. Using this logic, the as of now unreleased Moose and Grizzly would simply be a Caribou in different plastic.

I'd like to know as well. A bead or notch or something obvious that could not be accounted for with a plastic change would put the rumor to bed. One being slightly smaller or domier could juat be the result of how different plastic cool.

I know the Swift Fox is the same mold as one of them, I think the Timberwolf, its just molded at 140 or so grams.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Anakha » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 pm

dgdave wrote:
Working Stiff wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:

I know the Swift Fox is the same mold as one of them, I think the Timberwolf, its just molded at 140 or so grams.
According to the website, they are all the same mold in each class.

And the first run Woodchucks were the floppiest putters I've ever held. :shock:
Anakha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby josser » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 am

The beaver stamp is pretty funny now that I look at it closeley: Image

He's holding a disc and there's a basket way off in the distance. They hid a basket on about half of the other discs, but I wish they had the moose chewing on a disc.
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ryan84 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 am

Anakha wrote:
dgdave wrote:
Working Stiff wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:

According to the website, they are all the same mold in each class.

And the first run Woodchucks were the floppiest putters I've ever held. :shock:

Kangfirm'd on the same mold for each class (drivers, approach, putters). That's pretty sly.
Last edited by ryan84 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryan84
Noob

Postby sunspot » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 am

That beaver reminds my of Caddyshack.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby tgm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

I just held a Woodchuck at the store tonight and was amazed at how floppy that thing was. I pondered picking it up, but really had no need for it, other than I thought it was cool and I liked the color. I liked the feel of it better than the Blowfly's. Man that thing was floppy. I think you'd have a hard time even holding it in the summer time heat.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Jsw » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:07 pm

I've always been interested in Daredevil's stuff. Mostly the Polar Bear - I would want to feel them all before I bought them though.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby RS39 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:16 am

Jsw wrote:I've always been interested in Daredevil's stuff. Mostly the Polar Bear - I would want to feel them all before I bought them though.

Similar in feel to gummy Q, but they vary. Wolverine is stiffer than TWolf, Beaver is a bit softer. Only ones I've had my hands on (all 3 in the same shop yesterday). Beaver is like a gummy Wiz/Chal flight.

TWolf is a good heavy woods fairway driver and cold weather disc.
Otherwise I'll throw black before I throw effin green...
Jokeri, Wasp, Fuse, Timberwolf, PD, Predator
RS39
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Earthless@Roadburn

Postby josser » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:43 pm

What's the Woodchuck like stability-wise?
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby riverboy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 pm

josser wrote:What's the Woodchuck like stability-wise?

I thought it was aviarish but I have not thrown it in awhile.
ChUcK wrote:Gateway doesn't use foil hotstamps. Dave Mac employs a neanderthal with a chisel and a loveless childhood.
riverboy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: CE eagle X

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment