Best courses in TEXAS

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Best courses in TEXAS

Postby savestheday » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm sure there is already a thread on this but I'm to lazy to find it. what are they and since i live in nacogdoches(east texas) would it be worth the drive.
savestheday
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: destroyer, pole cat

Re: Best courses in TEXAS

Postby RustyP » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Being from Nac, the DFW metroplex would probably give you the most bang for your buck. Here are my top courses...check em out on DGCR for more details:

1) Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX (east of Dallas along I-30...well maintained, challenging Houck course. Bring your golf shots)
2) Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX (South of Dallas...2 courses on a nature preserve...beautiful and a good challenge)
3) Towne Lakes - McKinney, TX (30-40min north of Dallas, but worth the drive. Lots of woods, a big creek, very challenging)
4) Z-Boaz - Ft Worth, TX (another Houck course...plenty of elevation, thoughtful design, a DFW classic)
5) Bicentennial Park - Crowley, TX (b/w Dallas and Ft Worth...ELEVATION and rough terrain, VERY challenging w/ 3 sets of tees)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby disc junkie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:46 pm

RustyP wrote:Being from Nac, the DFW metroplex would probably give you the most bang for your buck. Here are my top courses...check em out on DGCR for more details:

1) Harry Myers Park - Rockwall, TX (east of Dallas along I-30...well maintained, challenging Houck course. Bring your golf shots)
2) Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX (South of Dallas...2 courses on a nature preserve...beautiful and a good challenge)
3) Towne Lakes - McKinney, TX (30-40min north of Dallas, but worth the drive. Lots of woods, a big creek, very challenging)
4) Z-Boaz - Ft Worth, TX (another Houck course...plenty of elevation, thoughtful design, a DFW classic)
5) Bicentennial Park - Crowley, TX (b/w Dallas and Ft Worth...ELEVATION and rough terrain, VERY challenging w/ 3 sets of tees)

agreed to the fullest (x infinity and beyond!!)

I would like to add that Lake Lewisville is a blast...not the hardest but its is beautiful and right along side the lake!!

Also, Bicentennial can be hard to navigate so try to follow or play with locals or take a map
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby sth1oo6 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 pm

RustyP wrote:Being from Nac, the DFW metroplex would probably give you the most bang for your buck. Here are my top courses...check em out on DGCR for more details:

The Beast in Waco is my favorite.
I run a non-profit home for beaten and abused rocs.
sth1oo6
Noob

Favorite Disc: beat Roc

Postby disc junkie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Also

East Metro Park - Manor, Tx

Mclaine - San Antonio

Circle C - Austin
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby WorldPax » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm a truck driver currently stranded for the weekend at the Pilot truck stop in Houston. I have my bag with me (always). Wouldn't mind getting a round in if someone was willing to pick me up. I would of course chip in for gas and a few after game Corona's. PM if interested.
Pax
Tulsa, OK
WorldPax
Noob

Postby Jazziator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:33 am

I really Like Twin parks Private course two 18's park hill, and park shire.... just be aware of the rattle snakes its in dripping springs.

Then there is old settler park for big arms, Round rock

Pease park is fun, Austin

Circle C is cool too , Austin
Disc Golf... Its like UFO'S but without the Mercury Therafluid and Ionic Plasmic Gas
Jazziator
Noob

Favorite Disc: 174 Z Force

Postby Chris-pee » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Lorch park is a great course. Def worth the drive .
Chris-pee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Return to Courses