PDGA Board

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PDGA Board

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:02 am

Is anyone finding any useful information and/or discussions on the PDGA forum? I was looking for any info I could find about the buzz gt, and all I see is a bunch of grown up bickering; even some of the reps that I respected have gotten into the mix.

I was hoping for some useful information and instead walked into another "devilhawk" discussion.... Although I cannot post on that board, I really haven't found the need or inclination to do so.

Thank you Blake for having such a useful and helpful board.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:30 am

I find some good information in the "Ask Dave" threads, but that's really about it.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:36 pm

lol, i just told you that there are guys on the pdga board talking about the buzzz gt, but yeah, theres two posts by guys whove thrown it and two pages of bickering, so I agree. however Im debating wether becoming a member yet or not, it would be nice to begin building my ranking, but theres only two pdga sanctioned tourneys I plan on playing in this year, so it would be cheaper to just get a temp membership for each tourney.

Do you get a # with a temp membership or no? and if so do you keep it when you get a real membership?
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:38 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:Do you get a # with a temp membership or no? and if so do you keep it when you get a real membership?

I don't believe so.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

PDGA board

Postby twmccoy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:50 pm

That board sucks ass. All the people do on there is salivate about discs that may or may not get produced in the future. Since they made it members only that board has just stunk. No real good info for the casual player.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Re: PDGA board

Postby DJayhawk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 pm

twmccoy wrote:That board sucks ass. All the people do on there is salivate about discs that may or may not get produced in the future. Since they made it members only that board has just stunk. No real good info for the casual player.

I totally agree, since it's become members only it's gone way downhill. Elietists :D
DJayhawk
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 am

There was always a bit of resentment about non-members (or is it non-pro's?), but I still feel that it was many of these that encouraged discussion by asking questions.

There were some really good people on there. One of the Discraft reps, I thought, was a very nice guy and very professional. That is one of the Discraft guys (either reps or sponsored players) were very cordial to me. But, it seems that many of them have joined right in with the flaming and sarcasm that goes on.

I guess you can't walk through a pasture without stepping in.....
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mark Brunner » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 pm

That forum is just out of control because it lets users get away with murder, it is more tightly moderated now but before it was just a dog without a leash. Now I think they should go back to how it was before but be more strict on message board policy/behavior
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Smyith » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:34 pm

i spent like 3 hours crusing it one day and found about 10 posts with anything useful on it. i stopped looking on it a long time ago. the admins of that site need to do some work and limit all the BS. i was definitly really happy when i found this site.

i think i even started a thread a long time and got absolutely nothing but useless replys.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:53 pm

Smyith wrote:i think i even started a thread a long time and got absolutely nothing but useless replys.

AND, it is the members providing these useless replies. No matter what question you asked (whether about products or technique), you had the regulars that would answer "Innova" or "Discraft". Let's not forget Skippy (name changed to protect the ambigouos), "it's a copy of a Gateway disc!" reply.

It's the equivalent of ordering some fries at McDonald's and having the cashier ask, "would you like fries with that?"
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby steezo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:23 am

i rarely even look at any of the new topics. But i did find alot of useful discussions by going to the first pages and working my way back. Its cool seeing how the topics and discussions have changed and stayed the same in the last 5-6 years.
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby grunion » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:11 pm

I did not enjoy the atmosphere there so I created my own board. http://www.uniteddiscgolf.com If I would have known this board was here I probably would not have gone through the trouble. All in all it was worth the experience and I have learned alot of new talents because of it.
~=United we stand with Discs in hand=~
grunion
Noob

Postby sleepy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 pm

grunion wrote:I did not enjoy the atmosphere there so I created my own board. http://www.uniteddiscgolf.com If I would have known this board was here I probably would not have gone through the trouble. All in all it was worth the experience and I have learned alot of new talents because of it.

I checked out your website, and that Twin Parks looks like a heckuva place! :o

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby grunion » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Thanks Sleepy! Twin Parks is very nice. I recomend it to anyone that wants that extra something from the sport you desire. They cater to your needs and are realy sincere about the services they offer. Go by and check it out!!!

Thanks for swinging by my website. Its growing everyday like a weed. We are hosting basket cams so if anyone out there has some cams at home and a basket give me a shout so we can get you online. Dont forget to register in the forum!! 8)
~=United we stand with Discs in hand=~
grunion
Noob

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:12 pm

I still use the PDGA board to research historical data/info, but only after I've exhausted the existing info on this and another DG board.

There was a time when the PDGA board was still constructive and useful...heck, Blake himself has tons of posts on there that still come up in a search. I don't read as much of the new on-going threads, but the old stuff about a certain disc, practice basket, etc. still holds true and is useful to a beginner like me. For example, the 'Looking for a Putter' thread has 10 pages of good info and was very helpful.

YMMV.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Next

Return to General Discussion