Simple Flash Question

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Simple Flash Question

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:52 am

have the flashes been more consistant varying to color since the first couple runs, if so which color/run are the new ones most similar to.

(my trusty 1st run orange is finally past the sweet spot)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

flashes

Postby twmccoy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:54 pm

I don't think so. I have thrown lots of flashes lately (mainly blue, yellow and dyed).and they all fly differently. The yellows are the most overstable while the blues and dyed ones flip easily. Funny thing is, my 167 yellow flash (not first run) is as stable as any orc I've ever thrown and noticeably more overstable than any other flash I've thrown. I'd say the flash may be the most inconsistent disc ever. Every one of them I've thrown has been different.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:04 am

I've been wanting to try another flash, but I don't know which color I want.

Reminds me of an argument that took place a few months ago. We were discussing what Innova disc the flash was like. Someone said it was like an orc; some like a beast; and some said like some kind of run of eages (I guess the champion ones).

Well, when we threw each others frisbees....we all changed our vote.

I guess I want it for long distance that wont turn over. Not necessarily overstable, just not flippy. Which color/run is this?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

flash

Postby twmccoy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:07 pm

My best flash is bright yellow. This disc will go dead straight and not turn over unless you force it. I have a pale yellow one too but it is not as overstable. I'd easily compare the yellow flash to a champ orc but maybe a little more glide. The blue ones flip all day. I'll have to throw an orange one and see how it does.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to Equipment