latest dyes of teh booter

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

latest dyes of teh booter

Postby Booter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:03 pm

hey guys.first off let me introduce myself. my name is rick. i actually just found this forum less than a month ago but ive been an avid disc golfer for several years. just recently i wanted to try my hand at some dying. i read through all these posts and read chucks and acidbaths tutorials. you guys have def inspired me to continue my new found hobby as well as every other person on here whos trying their hand at dying.
anywho,enough talk and more pix!!

first dye job i did with acetone.

gateway savage

2nd disc ive done(today) is champion groove wich i throw alot.

I need lots of practice still but I'm getting the hang of it.

EDIT* I will just keep this thread to post my dyes as I complete them.
Last edited by Booter on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: new dyes for a new guy

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Very cool :)
No visible bleeds either. Nice job!
I was in Austin last weekend, Going back the weekend of Oct 19th I think.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Booter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 am

thanks man! i appreciate that coming from you. i still need practice with the 360 blade as im not used to one continuous cut and not used to the swivel of it.but none the less im glad i didnt get any bleeds. where are you going to be at this coming weekend while in austin? one of these days i may have some of my discs done by you man. you do sick work. thanks again
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:53 am

no, i WAS in Austin last weekend. Going back around the 16th-18th of Oct. Going with a friend to see the Total Recall Master Pancake Theater at the Ritz on 6th street and to do other stuffs. Not sure if i'll get any disc golfin in that weekend tho
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:04 am

oh haha. i misread . i was thinking this month. thats cool. i see your from louisiana. ill be in shreveport next weekend to do some gambling.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Leopard » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 am

Hahaha... Drafthouse Vacation!
That's awesome. They have tons of my money.

Acid - next time you're in Austin stop by Disc Nation, I work on weekends. With a heads up I might have a data and a flying disc for ya :)
oh..... and I'll get you the DGR shiz asap :oops:

Nice dyes dude!!
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 am

I was there last sunday. (Labor day.. My bday! WOOO!)
I got a glow roc, Green Star orc with some black swirled in from the factory, and an Element.
I was gonna ask the ppl there about dyes and stickers or whatever... but I figured it was such a big operation that there's no reason for me to throw out my business card to em.

We went to the Breakfast club thing. Pretty much everytime we go, we plan our mini vacation AROUND the master pancake's showing of the moment. I'll try to fit in some DG next time Im around. I stop by Discnation everytime Im there because I wanna see if they have any of the older Bottom stamped rocs.. Not with the gay dude holding the disc out, but with the regular stamp on bottom. they're just flatter
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 pm

thanks ted!
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Leopard » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:17 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:I was there last sunday. (Labor day.. My bday! WOOO!)
I got a glow roc, Green Star orc with some black swirled in from the factory, and an Element.

Kinda rings a bell... the hot Orc at least. Say howdy to the tubby skinhead next time.. probably be me. You too booter .. (irl I'm Zach, online I'm Theodore)

I'll get you in touch with anyone as well, never hurts to intro your goods.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Booter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:24 pm

i think i met you man. i went up to discnation a few weeks ago and bought several discs. at that time i was wearing my air cast

ill swing by next time im in the area.
Last edited by Booter on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Ted, I'll find ya online before I make my next trip to see if you'll be at the shop next time I go down there in Oct.

Booter, when I have big circles to do, I usually use a regular xacto. Try doing something without so many perfect lines on it next. Images with lots of random stuff tend to mask the errors. But when you've got something with nothing but perfect angles and curves, you'll see the faults. I first learned this when I tried to do an entire disc of words with a big font. It got annoying watching me miscut the curved parts of letters like O, P, R, and other stuff like that. But keep it up. You'll learn what works best for you just by doing and trial and error.
:)
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 pm

haha i know what you mean man.when i was cutting it out the FIRST time i screwed up and it just annoyed the hell out of me.the2nd time it was better. but that makes sense. ill have to try that on my next dye. youd think working at a print shop doing silk screening i would know how to use an exacto and cut out images lol. but practice makes perfect so ill def keep at it.thanks for the tips man
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Booter » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

well my light box came in today so i decided to do another dye. this one was more detailed but i used the regular exacto instead of the 360 and it worked alot better.i think ive found my new addiction :mrgreen: .
new light box

fire chicken.

im much more pleased with this one than the first one.gonna try and do a couple more tomorrow as my cutting time was a lil faster this time around.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby ChUcK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 am

That's some solid looking dyework right there. Yet another addict!
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby Cindos » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:48 pm

That's a SWEET lookin dye! Nice Work!
Cindos
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Next

Return to Disc Artwork