XL why was i not told before!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

XL why was i not told before!

Postby mickas » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:05 pm

in my long search for the perfect fairway driver i settled upon the leopard, but kept finding it annoying that every leopard i bought was diferent from the last, i tried the teebird, striker (more max distance, not fairway), and i finally settled on the sabre for an overstable fairway

i was still searching for the understable fairway of my dreams, when i came across the XL, i had never looked into it before because the D was rated 0 and the FLX was 1.5 or something, so i was scared off by that, then i bought an esp one and....i almost cried because it went so straight with such little fade

WHY...WHY WAS I NOT TOLD BEFORE
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Madison Wi.
Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Midnightbiker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:15 pm

The XL is a great little fairway driver. I love mine. Flies so predicable.
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:00 pm
Location: Texas
Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby mixmasterob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:33 pm

worn in Xs are great hyzer flippers.
hyzer flippin' sidewinders.
mixmasterob
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Georgia Southern Univ
Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby corey115 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 pm

If you like the ESP, try a Z and an X. The ESP have a little varience in stability. Z and X are both consistent.
Predator | Avenger | Boss | Drone | Buzzz | Yeti
corey115
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby keltik » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 pm

yeah the XL is schweet disc but gets little props around here.....i carry a used X and a newish ESP in my bag most all the time.....and i do have a couple of FLXs that i'm not sure what to do with but yeah XL is kind of a forgotten gem but hopefully it's making a comeback
keltik
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 3391
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: High Point NC
Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby mickas » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:16 am

it better make a comeback, i have never seen a disc go this straight, this far, with such little fade, it's also great for turnovers

it's like the leopard, but further and in discrafts godly plastics
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Madison Wi.
Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby colombo117 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:39 am

I found one in "X" plastic a few years ago and it has stayed in my bag since. They perform hyzer-flip drives and right turning drives easily. I replaced it with a Leopard for a week once, but I went back to the XL. Its probably more comparable to a TL though.

I think the XL compliments a Cyclone nicely, I use it when the wind is more mellow and I don't want the late fade that an Cyclone has. My only problem is that when my Cyclone gets more worn in it may overlap quite a bit with the XL.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:30 am
Location: A real cool club on the other side of town.
Favorite Disc: Challenger

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby black udder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:01 pm

colombo117 wrote:I found one in "X" plastic a few years ago and it has stayed in my bag since. They perform hyzer-flip drives and right turning drives easily. I replaced it with a Leopard for a week once, but I went back to the XL. Its probably more comparable to a TL though.

I think the XL compliments a Cyclone nicely, I use it when the wind is more mellow and I don't want the late fade that an Cyclone has. My only problem is that when my Cyclone gets more worn in it may overlap quite a bit with the XL.


it's not as HSS as the TL nor as LSS. I can see where they overlap, but it's not the same disc.
black udder
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Yehosha » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 pm

So after all the love for this and the esp cyclone, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these. What do you guys think?
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 pm

You can get some XL's from cheap off of me. Please. I really want these out of my house.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Yehosha » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Furthur wrote:You can get some XL's from cheap off of me. Please. I really want these out of my house.

Plastic/color/weight?
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Timko » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am

Yehosha wrote:
Furthur wrote:You can get some XL's from cheap off of me. Please. I really want these out of my house.

Plastic/color/weight?



There are quite a few XLs listed on the link in my signature.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Yehosha » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Yehosha wrote:So after all the love for this and the esp cyclone, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these. What do you guys think?

Question bump.
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Anakha » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Yehosha wrote:
Yehosha wrote:So after all the love for this and the esp cyclone, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these. What do you guys think?

Question bump.
The XL will be shorter and have a more gradual turnover, depending on the plastic you get it in.
Anakha
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:17 am
Location: In a cave
Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Re: XL why was i not told before!

Postby Yehosha » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Anakha wrote:
Yehosha wrote:
Yehosha wrote:So after all the love for this and the esp cyclone, I'm torn between sticking with my Z Avenger SS, or trying out one of these. What do you guys think?

Question bump.
The XL will be shorter and have a more gradual turnover, depending on the plastic you get it in.

Shorter than the Avenger or the Cyclone or both?
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Favorite Disc: Ion

Next

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest