Buzzz GT

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Buzzz GT

Postby distantdg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:51 am

On the discraft site they have listed the Buzzz GT....I enjoy the banger GT and cant wait for the buzzz gt....has anyone seen these or know when they come available?
distantdg
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:35 pm

I definately like the banger gt though I still use a wizard. And another disc that doesn't get too much attention is the slipstream gt, which I also like very much. In fact, it replaced my z xpress and champion sidewinder as my understable disc.

If Discraft is releasing other discs with the gt, it may be an indication that it was well-received.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:12 pm

I dont know what to think about it, I like the groove of the Banger, its my only putter for driving, approaches and putting. I also throw buzzzes as my only midrange (the glide is a fairway driver :lol:) Yet, Im not itching to buy the buzzz gt. If its supposed to fly just like the buzzz I mey pick one up on some time possibly to wear as my understable buzzz. However, I love the Z buzzz, and am not sure if I would want to grip my buzzz's differently.

Overall, I do see myself trying one, It dosnt have a spot reserved in my bag.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:32 am

Anyone plan on getting one of these? Is the groove a good guide for grip? I find that my thumb is closer to the rim when I grip my slipstream proto.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:11 pm

Today I decided I will probably pick one of these up sometime.
I decided after reaching around a tree on my knees trying to streach around for a sidearm approach. I attempted it with my buzzz, the grip was odd but it flew straight, but was hard to control. Then I tried my banger GT and it flew the line perfectly, just about 10ft short. Then I realized the Banger is much more comfortable sidearm becasue the GT, so I was thinking, it may not be often, but I do occasionally throw my Buzzz sidarm, and it may not be a bad Idea to try a Buzzz GT, And if its not that great, I will still have a nice less stable buzzz ;-).
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:37 am

I've been thinking of getting a pro d buzz to beat up for an understable mid (to replace my glide).

Now, I'm trying to decide whether to go with the buzz gt. I do like the gt thing in the two discs I have.

Those that have thrown it, holler.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm

on the pdga board there are comments from some people who have thrown them, and have liked them. Theyre out of the X plastic. I have a x buzzz that was more stable than my z buzz was. the z was only 1 or 2 grams lighter so I dont think that its only weight. Its wearing slow, and is begining to wear slower and slower as it wears, and its just about perfect for straight shots with a slight left at the end.

almost forgot, the reason im talking about the x buzzz being more stable than expected is the buzzz gt is only in X plastic. So i would go with the d buzzz for a straight midrange.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
almost forgot, the reason im talking about the x buzzz being more stable than expected is the buzzz gt is only in X plastic. So i would go with the d buzzz for a straight midrange.

I wasn't thinking. The buzz gt is x not d. Thank you for pointing that out, or I would have ordered the wrong the wrong thing.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm

I was excited too, i thought it would be out of the D plastic (which I would like more, i like d buzzz's, just dont have any right now :roll:
theyre straight as hell right as they hit the sweet spot. (after about 10 rounds normal play) and they stay that way for a while.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:00 am

I like d buzzes too, but the midnight buzz's are sweet. I 've been told I should be putting with my buzz on windy days, so I guess pro D would be the way to go.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:35 pm

thats what im thinking, my buzzzs are crossing the spectrum (i just need a Midnight buzzz)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Pagan » Thu May 18, 2006 1:30 pm

The Buzz GT is my first experience with the buzz mold, but I have to say it rocks my socks off. It's gota be the ultimate midrange (with little or no wind). It seems to be a truely stable and neutral disc. If I throw it with anhyzer it holds the line all the way to the ground (or basket). I also had a Banger GT. I've noticed something with both discs. The groove top seems to weaken the integrity of the flight plate and makes the disc more susecptible to tacos. My Banger has been retired since it has deformed to the point of not holding a line anymore.

I will be getting an Elite-Z Buzz (normal mold) soon.
I'd say Buzz rocks and the groove is nice but on heavily wooded courses it's gonna beat fast...
Wizard, Buzzz!, Sabre, Avenger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Average Controlled Drives ~ 330'
Max Make Putt Range ~ 60'
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Return to Equipment