LED Lights for glow golf

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby swel304 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:54 pm

well if I take some flat bits of metal and solder them to the leads for battery contacts, wrap it all real tight, and pack it tight with a peice of styrafoam when I glue the top on, the batter seems to work pretty well...... Id still like to find a better way but at least I got a few to feild test now. here are some more crappy pics off my phone :lol:

this is a pic of my z mrv from the top, witha blue 4 way on the bottom.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby superq » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:49 am

I was thinking about the bottle cap and I think I came up with a way to seal it better.

put the battery in and get everything all wired up then instead of cramming stryafoam in, take a saw and cut the top of the bottle off( the threaded part) and either screw it in (should be wide enough to just hold the batteries in) If a 20oz bottle is to big try the 16oz water bottles the lids are a little smaller and the 2032 will fit right into the top of the cap so you could wire it up for 2 batteries and still have a very tight connection.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby swel304 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:31 am

actually i have tried that (I think its back near the beginning of the thread) and it just doesnt work out. even on the bigger caps there is barely one thread left inside the cap, not enough to do anything. so far the styrafoam seems to be working pretty well. it even gives it some shock resistance to keep things inside from moving around. it may even float! :lol:
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Previous

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade