Hamilton Wildcat Springs Open

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Hamilton Wildcat Springs Open

Postby jnecessary » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:10 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8506

Wow, I sent in my registration last night then even more great pros registered. How bad would it be to give up my spot to just follow the lead groups around all weekend!?
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Hamilton Wildcat Springs Open

Postby black udder » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm

I don't see you - what division? Looks like there is still plenty of room :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby jnecessary » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

black udder wrote:I don't see you - what division? Looks like there is still plenty of room :)

MA1

just hasn't shown up yet, they have been slow to update prereg according to the thread on PDGA board.

I'll most likely be the lowest rated advanced player in all tournaments until the ratings are posted again. I tanked it with the last 2 that are recorded this year. Should climb after Justin Trails and then I hope to play well again this week.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby black udder » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:00 pm

good luck! Practice your putting every day you can this week :P Build that confidence!
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby victorb » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:28 am

Ya, I'm pretty surprised at all the big names that are signed up. Me and my wife will be there, as well as a few others from Columbia MO.

If you see a camo silverback on a short dude with glasses, that would be me :wink: Come say hi, would be nice to meet someone I've made a few good trades with!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jnecessary » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 am

Are y'all camping or doing the hotel thing? Still up in the air for me, have people to split rooms with but I enjoy camping more than most it seems.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby victorb » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 am

Actually we're staying with my in laws, they live about 30 miles from hamilton. Its a bit of an extra drive in the morning, but worth it since we don't have to pay for a room.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 am

It was awesome getting to meet you Brandon! I wish it had been before my 3 days of marathon golf cause I was pretty tired and not diggin' the idea of my drive home. Good shooting to stay in the cash, I wish I hadn't 3 putted my first hole of round 4, that would have tied me for last cash, which would have been impressive coming from 4th from the bottom to cash in my last round. Hope to see you there again next year, or at other tourneys in the region.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby victorb » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 am

We're already planning on coming back to Hamilton next year. Not sure if I'll be in Ottumwa next weekend or not, but I'm not planning on it unless one of the guys down here needs a partner.

It was a fun tournament for sure (would have been more fun if I had hit more putts the first round day two) but I enjoyed the Wildcat Springs course a lot. Didn't really dig the 170'ish holes at Rand Park, but it has some good potential if they fix the super small teepads.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Tournaments