Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Postby Timko » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:05 am

Good: Finished 2nd in the Ace Race this weekend with 6 points. Aced a 150' hole, hit metal on a 180' hole, and hit metal (both rounds) on a short 90'. Got a couple of discs (one of which I already traded away), a towel, and $55 from the side bet ace fund.

Bad: Got beat by a guy who hit 2 aces his last round to finish with 7 points.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby pointdisc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:25 am

Good: Hit an ace on friday & saturday, saturday one got me some $$$
Kinda Bad: Ace on sat was after the tourney & a side bet playing a hole on the way back to turn in the card.
Ugly: The tourney. Didn't play bad, but what went on. Synopsis: Huge giant bagging going (one person was told he couldn't bag this year, but they still let him). There's always bagging bad @ this course, but this was straw that broke the camel's back. Numerous complaints were sent to the TD during the tourney. I will not play another tournament at this course ever again, period.

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby Leopard » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Good bad ugly ... r r r r REMIX

The Ugly: my drive... nose angle, distance, inefficiency.

The Bad: due to being on my feet for 8 hours in a frisbee store, I never feel like catching a round on my way home. End result: I haven't played a round since my last tourny in late June.

The GrrrrrrREAT!! : I played a round the other day to start training/recapping for my next event on Oct.3-4. Apparently I have a fuzzy muscle memory.... after months of seeing this loop of DG DVDs in the store, my old form is completely out the window. My form is in tip-top shape, with more D, better nose control, and I was hitting lines like I never have before. I tore it up, and my ongoing putting practice has kept my short game solid. I'm super confident about my game right now.

Hot shit!!! :mrgreen:
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby JackMontana » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

pointdisc wrote:Good: Hit an ace on friday & saturday, saturday one got me some $$$
Kinda Bad: Ace on sat was after the tourney & a side bet playing a hole on the way back to turn in the card.
Ugly: The tourney. Didn't play bad, but what went on. Synopsis: Huge giant bagging going (one person was told he couldn't bag this year, but they still let him). There's always bagging bad @ this course, but this was straw that broke the camel's back. Numerous complaints were sent to the TD during the tourney. I will not play another tournament at this course ever again, period.

pd

Are you guys referring to sandbagging when you say "bagging"? That's what I had always thought, but this post made me question that b/c bagging doesn't seem to be a function of a particular course. What am I missing? Enlighten a jargon challenged n00b

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby savoyal » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Are you guys referring to sandbagging when you say "bagging"? That's what I had always thought, but this post made me question that b/c bagging doesn't seem to be a function of a particular course. What am I missing? Enlighten a jargon challenged n00b

J[/quote]

Unless, during a tournament at a particular course, the TD allows folks to play in whatever division they want - even if their rating dictates otherwise!!
Alin
Gateway putters/Roc's/Wide-rimmed Innova drivers
savoyal
Noob

Favorite Disc: My Voodoo

Postby JackMontana » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:05 pm

savoyal wrote:Unless, during a tournament at a particular course, the TD allows folks to play in whatever division they want - even if their rating dictates otherwise!!

Still, that's no reason to not play the course. I could understand not playing the tournament, but the course? Is it only open for the tournament or something?

Not trying to make a big deal, just thought I had the wrong idea about the "bagging" term.

No more hijacking of the thread:

Good: Throwing a golden line on an ace hole during doubles, it's going in, it's going in...
Bad: Barely misses, but the consolation is that it was also a $20 CTP and I clearly am going to get that...
Ugly: Noobert the Magnificent gets a wicked tree bounce that puts him about 3 inches closer

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Postby pointdisc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 am

JackMontana wrote:Still, that's no reason to not play the course. I could understand not playing the tournament, but the course? Is it only open for the tournament or something?

I didn't say I won't play the course. I said I won't play another tournament at the course ever again. They've let this go on for way too long & they've made a ton of un-happy customers but won't do anything about it.

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JackMontana » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:02 am

pointdisc wrote:
JackMontana wrote:Still, that's no reason to not play the course. I could understand not playing the tournament, but the course? Is it only open for the tournament or something?

I didn't say I won't play the course. I said I won't play another tournament at the course ever again. They've let this go on for way too long & they've made a ton of un-happy customers but won't do anything about it.

pd

Word. I see now that's what you said. I'm an idiot.

We now return to your normally scheduled Good, Bad, Ugly programming.

J
WraithTBLeoBuzzzWiz
JackMontana
Tree Magnet

Postby pointdisc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 am

Same bat time, same Bat channel.

Good: Got two new (to me) gummy champ rhynos!
Bad: Working on reports for the last few weeks at work. I hate sitting by a computer.
Ugly: Rosie O'donnell

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Postby peppermack » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:22 am

The Good: I supplied Pointdisc with some gummy champ Rhynos
The Bad: My VPs to replace those Rhynos have not come yet
The Ugly: My Drives which are normally in the 400'-420' range have sucked recently, barely out to 380'
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby what'shisname » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Good: Got in my very first glow round tonight using a couple LED bobber lights.

Better: Since I only had two lights and haven't been able to get my glow wizard from the guy I ordered it from yet I played a minimalist round using my Z XL, Opto Core and Soft Magnet (Used it because it was my brightest putter). Loved the minimalist aspect of the round.

Best: Tied for first in tags with the higher number so ended up taking second place and moving up the ladder. Nailed my last 30' putt for bird to get me the tie and also tie my PB for the course.

can't wait to get my glow wizard and head out for another night round. 8)
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby stoneman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Good: Ace Race on local course today!

Bad: Daughter had soccer game at same time

Ugly: Daughter scored first HS goal, and I missed it because I was throwing plastic :( (won the Ace Race though, so it ain't all ugly :-D)
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby what'shisname » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 am

Bad: Had to fly out West yesterday for a 1 hour meeting.

Ugly: Only flight options left me out there for the entire day just for the 1 hour meeting.

Good: The meeting was near a nice 18 hole course, Langley Passive Park. I got in 18 before the meeting and 36 after it. My game was on yesterday and I had 3 pretty nice rounds of 57, 55 and 58. Hole 11 there is sweet hole that plays off of a cliff down to the basket. Distance is probably only a couple hundred feet but the elevation drop is easily 150-200' down through the trees. Super fun hole and I came inches to acing it with a funsie shot after my drive.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jnecessary » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:44 pm

been a while...

Goodx2: Aced on first throw of a tourney last weekend at the WIldcat Springs Open and today along with a buddy won the advanced division in the Roctober Doubles.

Bad: Inconsistent play, I finished 1 under in the round I started with an ace and at that course double digits down is a real possibility, even in MA1

Ugly: The second day of last weekends tourney I shot 4 over on the previously mentioned easy course, which was a sub 900 rated round, it would have been the worst day ever if I wasn't taking home ace money and I shot 6 strokes better on a much harder course later in the day for a 980 round.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby pointdisc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Good: While driving back from the job site today I looked out the window & saw baskets where there weren't last month... new course!

Okay: It's a new 9 hole course that got put in the ground 10 minutes from my house

Better: For a 9 hole, it's pretty decent. Two holes over 400, tight shots, and a decent variety. They did a great job with the land they had. One hole has been officially dubbed "The Beer Hole". It's set in a park where they have fireman's picnics & there's a keg suspended on a wire about 20' off the ground 380' (+/- 10') from the tee. New rule is hit the keg on your drive & everyone in your group owes you a sixer (still about another 50' to the basket from there).

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion