latest dyes of teh booter

Disc Artwork, Dying, Technique etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: new dyes for a new guy

Postby Booter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:55 pm

thanks guys :mrgreen: im working on 2 more right now. ill post pix later or tomorrow
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jnecessary » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:13 pm

keep em coming! i have a lightbox like that and i haven't even cut a dye since i got it last fall, you are inspiring though so no pressure just know the next two you post could make or break my laziness to go downstairs and get my dye supplies out
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Booter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

thanks man. i appreciate that!! glad i could be inspiring to get you to possibly get back into it. i love it.as for the next 2. i finished my first one

crush w/bio hazard

as for the other...im still cutting it out lol. obviously not something i probably should of tackled this early on but hey ...practice makes perfect.i have the outter design left to do.everything inside is all cut out. it will go on my star cro once its finished.which will more than likely happen tomorrow as i still have a while to cut out some more.
Last edited by Booter on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 am

Very clean work mang! No bleeds, clean lines. Didn't take long for you to get the hang of it.
It's nice to see a new addict to dying.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Booter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:56 pm

thanks alot ab!! so far i havnt had any problems with applying the vinyl.the cutting is gettin easier as i continue to use the 360 blade.big props to you and chuck for the tutuorials . it made it a hell of alot easier seeing what yall were doing.

i finally finished my other dye.took me another hour or so cutting out the rest of it but im very happy with it. the lines in the stencil werent perfect but its good enough for me.

star cro - aztec stencil
Last edited by Booter on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Re: latest dyes of a beginner

Postby Booter » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:15 pm

welp.i got back from shreveport the other day and whatya know. i started some more dyes.

spider - star n skull

the other disc im workin on is just a budweiser "B" on a champ orc. i should have that one up tomorrow.

btw. i noticed that in the tutorials its saying to leave the disc in for 10 min. im having to dip them,then rinse after 10 min or so with cold water and then dip again to get the darkness i want.and even in the end if you hold it up to the light it still dark purple(like pictured above). is this normal? i do know the dye itself will be purplish if you dont dye it long. any tips ?
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby ChUcK » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 am

Hmmm, It has always been my superstition that any black dye used anywhere is really just a dark, dark purple/blue. When you dye plastic whose color is on the other side of the color wheel from blue/purple, it looks black. If you dye blue, it seems to appear as a really dark blue.

Or, it's all in your mind and you're batshit crazy. I would believe the former, it's better that way.
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah it's purple. When all my black dyes age they eventually show signs of purple in em. For my blacks I usually pull them out several time, rinse and repeat. Part of it is to also redip it to eliminate the small bubbles.
If you want to do some shades of grey, use grey. If you use black and think you'll get some shades of lighte black/grey, you'll usually end up with shades of purple.
One of the dragon ones I'm donating is gonna prolly have some Greys and shadows. Which won't be done in black because they'll turn out purple.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Booter » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:30 am

cool. thanks for the info guys. it does look purple when holding it up to the light. but in plain sight. it looks black. i was just curious as i do the several dip method in your tutorial AB.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Booter » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 pm

moar dyes!!!

i did 2 tonight. im starting to run out of my own discs to do lol

orc - budweiser "B"

wraith - bowser :)
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:25 pm

booter wrote:moar dyes!!!

i did 2 tonight. im starting to run out of my own discs to do lol

orc - budweiser "B"

wraith - bowser :)

your lines are so clean! hard to believe you just got started with this, i may have to check out a swivel xacto instead of the fixed blade
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Booter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 pm

thanks man :mrgreen: . the vinyl i use is really great and sticks to the disc good.so far i have yet to have any bleeds. im still getting used to the swivel blade i used both the swivel and regular xacto on the budweiser stencil and the 360 on the bowser. it wasnt a pain in the ass but myhand was cramping up lol.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Booter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:24 am

well. its been a while since ive done a dye job. figured id do one tonight on my destroyer.. i think it came out ok.

always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby sleepy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 am

Great stuff, booter!

My favs are the skull & crossbones, the skull & star, Bowser and 'the bomb' girl.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:04 pm

thanks man! its been a while since my last one. ive done a bunch of the star/skull dyes for friends.i like this one though.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Artwork