DG Course on a Ball Golf Course

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DG Course on a Ball Golf Course

Postby gator » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:49 pm

I know they exist but up here in NY I haven't been seen one around anywhere. Do these courses end up being just long open holes for big arms or mondo rollers? I do my field work on a top tier golf course behind my house but I couldn't imagine a DG course there its just to open. Does anyone have a link to a layout or design for a course like this?

Thanks-

Gator
Jerry R wrote:As you were with Dave's testicles.
gator
Tree Magnet

Re: DG Course on a Ball Golf Course

Postby Barbikes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 pm

It's not really a design or layout but here's a course (I haven't played it yet) in SW Washington that people seem to like:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2791
Check out the reviews, course map, and photos
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

Postby Elevated Plastic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 pm

I play here when I got down to visit my folks http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=592 , alot of bomber/roller holes. Also has a few ponds that are in play. It's an excetutive ball golf course so it's not crazy long. The pins are behind the greens on most holes, all greens and bunkers OB. Easily makes my top 3.
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby keltik » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 pm

There is also a Course in Myrtle Beach SC (the recreational ball golf capitol of the east coast) that hosts a tournament for DGers every year in December. I think it's called Tupelo Bay. There is a video on Youtube about this tournament from this past December. It shows how the layout is adjusted for DG. and like the others said the greens and bunkers are OB etc. There are a lot of Golf Courses that are being abandoned due to the economic downturn, especially here in NC. I say we make a unified lobby and have the cities and municipalities buy up these properties and turn them into public parks etc. That way we can have DG courses, dog parks and whatever else in one space without any bickering.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Yehosha » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 am

Elevated Plastic wrote:I play here when I got down to visit my folks http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=592 , alot of bomber/roller holes. Also has a few ponds that are in play. It's an excetutive ball golf course so it's not crazy long. The pins are behind the greens on most holes, all greens and bunkers OB. Easily makes my top 3.

Me and a few friends were thinking about playing this one and another in the area, can you still onlyplay Emerald after 4pm?
Katana, Doss Surge, Z Surge SS, Avenger SS, Stalker, Buzzz, Ion
Yehosha
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby gator » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:50 am

I thought someone from Texas or NC would have the answer for me but maybe they haven't checked this thread. We've got 8 courses in my area and the guy that put a fair share of them in had rec players in mind when he designed them, so I was hoping to install something more challenging. The ball golf course I had in mind is a 9 hole public course that is pretty cheap to play and isn't taken care well of as far as ball golf courses go. It has some big elavation change and some water that runs through it. The guy who runs the place got turned down to build his clubhouse when he began building the course so he turned it into a 9 hole instead of and 18 hole course and continues to opperate just as a big FU to the town who didn't want the course there. I figured he might be receptive to a little more income to help continue his fight with the town.
Jerry R wrote:As you were with Dave's testicles.
gator
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses