Avengers and Trackers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Avengers and Trackers

Postby Jwt4412 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:31 pm

Is there enough difference in Avengers and Trackers to warrant carrying both in the bag?
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 am

Don't everybody answer at once now... :wink:
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Most people would say no. My beat to up x avenger flies like a longer x tracker; however, the tracker is slower than the avenger. So, if for discing down, I would say it's good to have both. In addition, the avenger still has more fade than the tracker.

I carry them both though I get harrassed by the locals for redundancy. When I scrape up some money, I'm going to order another avenger (I have 2 so far) and 2 more trackers, so that they do not beat in as fast.

My avenger is also much longer than my tracker. This is about all I carry any more, so feel free to ask any questions. I find that I can throw almost any shot with my x tracker-x avenger-z avenger setup. Throw in a wizard for putting and a buzz for anything else, and I'm set.

One thing if you're using x plastic, it seems to beat up quick. Are you using the z tracker or x?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:58 pm

I have a Z Tracker and an X in both the Tracker and the Avenger... all are 169g.

If all things are equal... I should be able to throw the Avenger farther?
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:56 pm

Jwt4412 wrote:I have a Z Tracker and an X in both the Tracker and the Avenger... all are 169g.

If all things are equal... I should be able to throw the Avenger farther?

I haven't brought myself to pay the 20 bucks for a z tracker. So I am speaking from only the x. The avenger I have the x and the z.

The x avenger is very long (longer than the z). If you have a big arm, it is probably straight for you with a fade at the end: low speed overstable, high speed stable. The z avenger is very overstable. It turns hard left; I cannot get as much distance as I can from the x version: low speed very overstable, high speed still overstable. Of course, I don't have the biggest arm either.

The x tracker is just straight. Seems like no matter how I throw it, I flies straight (which is why I like it). Mine are both 172, and I have not been able to turn them over (actually I haven't really tried).

The short answer (skip to here if short on time): yes the avenger should go farther from you.

Here's something else that may be useful to you: I get better accuracy from the tracker (cause it's slower?). I really like both discs. One thing I'm not happy about is how quickly they beat up. One of my x avengers is already understable, which is fine with my as I can hyzer flip it.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jwt4412 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:38 pm

Took the three of them out this afternoon and practiced...

The target was up hill - about 15' to 20' higher than the teepad.

Tracker X - Straight... Straight... Straight... 260 to 265 pretty regularly.

Tracker Z - More Left each time... curled to about 255 to 260
Launched one... really felt different but way to the left.

Avenger X - Varied fro 240 to 275 always to the left...
Had one really take off and feel great leveled off but hit a tree about 15 feet in the air - really looked like it was going to fade right at the basket.

All three discs were landing in there for a 12 to 20 foot finish shot each time. About 5 or 6 were off the mark out of a total of 30 throws.

Once I get it down, I really think this Avenger disc is going to take off for me. I never got that feeling from a Valk or an Orc. They just lawn darted on me.

I have slowed down my throw and it has really helped.

This thing they say about the Tracker having Buzz charteristics really seems accurate now that I focused on the discs and just threw them...

There is enough difference. Thanks for the help.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Postby distantdg » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:31 am

with my z tracker i can get huge skips that i could not get with a avenger...thats why i carry my tracker
distantdg
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:49 am

Not that I find the avenger like a wraith, but something I was told while learning to throw a wraith may apply here.

Throw it with about 75% power. Nose down if vital for the avenger to get distance. And it will go a little longer as you break it in.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:29 am

I'm revising my answer. I am currently throwing my x tracker about the same distance as my x avengers.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pagan » Thu May 18, 2006 8:35 am

I just got a Z tracker. I've found that its easier to throw well than the avenger. It's more forgiving and seems to really fly just like a buzz. If you're using the steps program to increase distance and accuracey I'd say the tracker is a great step up from cyclones. t-birds, and the like.
Wizard, Buzzz!, Sabre, Avenger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Average Controlled Drives ~ 330'
Max Make Putt Range ~ 60'
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Postby Jwt4412 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:44 am

I have completely pulled the Avengers from My Bag.

Now using Z Tracker, Road Runner, LS Millenium and a Champ Eagle.

The LS and the Champ are really well broken in - I can taco the disc with my grip.

Using the Eagle more and more. Tracker not as much.

I will be pulling the LS out - I usually use it just in practice to check my form. I know what the disc will do when I throw it right - I kind of use it as a baseline now.
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment