Need guides: DC, Boston, everywhere between DC and Detroit

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need guides: DC, Boston, everywhere between DC and Detroit

Postby SkaBob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 am

So I'm heading out east for a bit in 3 weeks, and I don't have to worry about rushing back to get back to work afterwards (my contract is up the day before I leave), so I'm looking to get a bunch of golf in at courses along the way home!

Geoff Bennet's Discraft team page mentions Marshall Street has a sweet private course...what're the odds I could get a round in there?

Going to be spending a few days in DC visiting my sister after I head out from Boston, so if there're a few good courses there I'd love to check them out...

Also, if anyone has a couch I can crash on so I don't have to come up with a bunch of hotel money (or skip stopping after I leave DC), I would appreciate it!
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Need guides: DC, Boston, everywhere between DC and Detroit

Postby chiggins » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:00 am

Around the northern side of DC, I imagine you'll wanna check out Seneca Creek (championship 27), and probably Rockburn Branch Park in Elkridge as well. Just a little farther up is Patapsco Park, which just got a set of long-position baskets for every hole, and Druid Hill Park in Baltimore is a peach of a course.

And boy, if you're this close, and you've got some time, I guarantee you'll never forget playing Paw Paw just over in West Virginia. In fact, I could see planning a whole road trip (with camping gear) around it and spending a couple days.
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby SkaBob » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 am

My sister's just north of the mall...not sure where that lies in the geography of DC, but I'm driving from Detroit, so it's not like I'm against a little drive to get to an awesome course.

Is Paw Paw on the nothern side of W(bg)V? I'm willing to drive a bit out of my way, but the interstate I'm going to be taking home pretty much skirts the northern border of the state, so if it's way in the south of the state, that might not be such a keen detour...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby chiggins » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:52 am

Here ya go. There's also a pdf map at the WVO website.

Looks like it wouldn't take long to get back to 70 from there, relatively speaking. Totally worth it!
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 am

chiggins wrote:Around the northern side of DC, I imagine you'll wanna check out Seneca Creek (championship 27), and probably Rockburn Branch Park in Elkridge as well. Just a little farther up is Patapsco Park, which just got a set of long-position baskets for every hole, and Druid Hill Park in Baltimore is a peach of a course.

I'd meet up and play a few of these witya. Let me know!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Return to Courses