Official DGR College Football Topic

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Official DGR College Football Topic

Postby Roy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:27 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I just hope the badgers improve a little from last year.

The O-line looked pretty weak so far and that is what usually carries the team. I'm skeptic....
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 pm

They are huge but it didn't appear to help.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby sunspot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 am

I'm an Arkansas guy. Most of the guys (roughly 90 %) are either freshman or sophomores. I've been impressed with this team considering how young they are. They should have taken the Georgia game. I look at that game as one where they were still working some kinks out.

I'm surprise how well they did against Florida. I didn't think the score would have been that close due to our lapse in defense. However, we did play them well.

The biggest thing we have to work on is defense. I chalk this year up as a year of gaining more experience even though they are still the run for a possible bowl game. The next two years so be good years for Arkansas if they shore up the defense front and work out some kinks on offense. Other than that, they should be pretty hard to beat.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby keltik » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 am

those razorbacks made a good show against Mr. Tebow and the Gators. He is just too damn good. But the SEC championship game will be a barn burner with Florida vs. Bama. I may have to buy a TeVo for that one.

Man NC State SUCKS this year. We already Lost to Duke (oh the shame) and Wake Forest. We still have the old ACC rivals left to lose to; Clempson, Maryland, and Carolina. I don't even want to think about the pile driving VA Tech is gonna give to us.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Timko » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 am

sunspot wrote:I'm an Arkansas guy. Most of the guys (roughly 90 %) are either freshman or sophomores. I've been impressed with this team considering how young they are. They should have taken the Georgia game. I look at that game as one where they were still working some kinks out.

I'm surprise how well they did against Florida. I didn't think the score would have been that close due to our lapse in defense. However, we did play them well.

The biggest thing we have to work on is defense. I chalk this year up as a year of gaining more experience even though they are still the run for a possible bowl game. The next two years so be good years for Arkansas if they shore up the defense front and work out some kinks on offense. Other than that, they should be pretty hard to beat.

Since Reggie Herring left Arkansas after the Nutt era, I thought our defense has looked weak. The offense has looked better than I've ever seen it (and I've been watching the Hogs play for a long time now). I think Patrino is going to have to get some better players on defense before I start to call for some new coaching.

The Georgia game was a joke. We couldn't defend go routes to save our lives.

I thought we did play very, very well against Florida. I thought we played better than Florida, in fact. Tebow is a stud, and he willed them to win that game.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby sunspot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Yeah, our defense is suspect. I do think they have done better since the Bama game.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Solty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:14 pm

While im excited that Bobby Bowden is retiring...leaving the most victories now to Joe Paterno, i can't help to feel sorry for him for his team getting those 14 or so games revoked. He is/was a helluva coach and i enjoyed seeing him and JoePa going back and forth.

Solty
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am

time to bring this back

what does everyone think about the impending implosion of the Big 12 with Nebraska leaving

also USC is finally about to get what it deserves...

it sucks that Kansas might get left out because it lacks football $$$

I hope the big 12 doesnt go down in flames(im a UT fan). If Nebraska does really leave, i am hope the big 12 goes out and gets a team like TCU.

in the end it sounds like this is all positioning for these new super conferences to have a playoff and wreck the BCS.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby emiller3 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am

zj1002 wrote:also USC is finally about to get what it deserves...

Kiffin? NCAA Sanctions? A Big 12 Team?

To what are you referring?
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby zj1002 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am

supposedly on friday, USC will be responding to sanctions given by NCAA. from what has been reported it is a 2 year bowl ban and stripping the wins from 2004

and now colorado has left the big 12
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby victorb » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:43 am

zj1002 wrote:and now colorado has left the big 12

Nebraska already announced today that it will be heading to the Big10, I expect Mizzou to follow suit now since the Big12 looks to be going under, and quickly.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.